Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook 64gb
My Carrier: Airtel India

Dumbest Apps among all platforms...

Is it because this platform is not a priority of it might be plain discrimination, but among all the tablet platforms, the ones native to the Playbook seem the dumbest and most undercooked. From box to pdf reader to file manager &documents to go (which I guess are an in-house apps), every one is plan dumb, and lacking in features and usability when comparex to their iOS and Android counterparts. Smiley Sad

The device as such is cool...

Highlighted
Super Contributor
My Device: 32gb playbook
My Carrier: shaw

Re: Dumbest Apps among all platforms...

I have no problem with any of the native apps, intact I think many of them are better then their ios and android counterparts.  Did you ever think there might be another variable here?   Judging by how pointless this message is, I have a good idea what it is.

New Contributor

One reason, I guess, the developers have never bothered to make their apps smarter is because the users appear to be pretty happy with them, and any effort to say what they really are, is stamped as "dumb". I have no issues with the underlying OS; it appears stable and capable, multi-tasking is elegant and so the other features.

To begin with, not many native apps to talk about... The few I've seen have mostly been undercooked and lacking in basic features.

New Contributor

Not that I use many apps, but would appreciate alternate apps to the few that I use, which are smarter and more capable than their iOS and Android counterparts. This isn't for arguments sake, but to make my Playbook more productive:

Adobe Reader

Docs to Go

File Manager

Music/Video Player

Facebook

Box

Maps

Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook model RDJ21WW
My Carrier: Bell/ALiant

OK just keep talking to yourself and maybe you will answer your own pointless comments or whatever they are..
Done reading this thread