Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Trusted Contributor
MrSimmonsSr
My Device: Torch 9800 & Playbook
Accepted Solution

Duplicate entries in App World - My World?

Anyone else getting duplicates in the My World list under App World? I've got a few apps that were upgraded recently that now show twice in my list. Not sure how to reconcile the list properly now. Anyone else seeing that issue?

Trusted Contributor
MrSimmonsSr
My Device: Torch 9800 & Playbook

Re: Duplicate entries in App World - My World?

IMG_00000026.jpgIMG_00000025.jpgIMG_00000024.jpg

Trusted Contributor
Quila467
My Device: Bold 9700 and Playbook 64 Gb

This happened to me as well.  An app required an update and as soon as I pressed the update button, there were two copies of the app in the list.  I pressed the "Refresh List" button, but that had no effect.  I then tried rebooting, but after the reboot there were still two copies of the app.  Not only that, but the two copies were showing the previous version number.

I deleted the app, which deleted both copies, and then reinstalled the app.  Now there is only one copy and it retained the correct version number after another reboot.

Forums Advisor III
rat-7
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64

Quila467 wrote:

This happened to me as well.  An app required an update and as soon as I pressed the update button, there were two copies of the app in the list.  I pressed the "Refresh List" button, but that had no effect.  I then tried rebooting, but after the reboot there were still two copies of the app.  Not only that, but the two copies were showing the previous version number.

I deleted the app, which deleted both copies, and then reinstalled the app.  Now there is only one copy and it retained the correct version number after another reboot.

I thought about doing the same thing, but one of my apps is one that I paid for, and I am affraid that if I delete them I will need to buy them again

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
Trusted Contributor
Quila467

rat-7 wrote:

I thought about doing the same thing, but one of my apps is one that I paid for, and I am affraid that if I delete them I will need to buy them again

I just deleted an app I paid for and was able to reinstall it by going to "Uninstalled" and pressing the "Reinstall" button.  I was fairly confident this would work because I have already reinstalled apps that I paid for after doing a security wipe.  The paid for apps seem to associated to your Blackberry ID, so you don't need to worry about not being able to reinstall them.

Forums Advisor III
rat-7
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64

Quila467 wrote:

rat-7 wrote:

I just deleted an app I paid for and was able to reinstall it by going to "Uninstalled" and pressing the "Reinstall" button.  I was fairly confident this would work because I have already reinstalled apps that I paid for after doing a security wipe.  The paid for apps seem to associated to your Blackberry ID, so you don't need to worry about not being able to reinstall them.

Thanks for the information, I will try it right now

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
New Contributor
RabbitThugs
My Device: Blackberry Playbook, Torch, Bold

Ditto with me. Same problem. What I did was just delete one of the icons on the menu page and leave one on there. That solved my problem. I did have the two install entry in the MyWorld menu as well but after uninstall and reinstall, it went away (as some of the posters to this thread have said.)

Retired
RandomHero
My Device: 9900

Does this issue seem to happen with specific applications or is this fairly random as to what applications will duplicate?

Cheers,

Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10

I've seen this happen on my device too. It might be related to having a development version of the app on the device (via -devMode) and trying to do an update from App World.
Trusted Contributor
Quila467

I don't have any development versions of apps or OS on my device.  Unfortunately, not many of the apps I'm using are getting updates, but it has definitely happened on my device.  Uninstall and reinstall of the app is what fixed it for me.