Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
pdej
My Device: PlayBook 64Gb
My Carrier: no provider

Re: DvD Film on Playbook

The whole point about using VLC is that it avoids DRM issues since you are playing the DVD on your computer, but that you are also simultaneously recording the video and audio streams to a file on the computer. The disadvantage is that it cannot be done rapidly as you have to play rather than copy the DVD at high speed. It might even be possible to stream the file direct to your PlayBook, but I haven't tried it.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
redleader
My Device: curve
My Carrier: virgin

Rec, Thanks this idea sounds the easiest, so ill give this one a try.... Ill let you know how we get on...
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
redleader
My Device: curve
My Carrier: virgin

Never realised what a big subject this is! I Got a Dvd for Xmas, and fancy watching it at work on PB, herd about all this copy right rules, but never took any notice of them before, as it has all copied and played on other pc's etc, so need to work this out as I don't want to pay 2 times for the same film, just because i have a whim to watch it on the PB, I got no idea how im going to watch the entire Lord Of The Rings then!
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
TexTucker
My Device: pb
My Carrier: none

Too many millionaires in hollywood. Rip without conscience.

My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

redleader wrote:
Never realised what a big subject this is!

Anything that concerns digital rights management is a big subject.

Of course, piracy must be prevented.

But if you look with a wider view, you realize that the current DRM implementation is here to... punish those who buy the movies / series / music.

The rest of the world (= the pirates) have no DRM and can transfer files from one device to the other by a simple drag'n'drop.

It started with Disney's DVDs that were not readable on a laptop, and continues today with iTunes that can erase the content of any iPod if you're not careful.

Today, I buy online DRM-less music at Amazon. Same price or cheaper than on iTunes. But there is no solution today for series and movies.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.