Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
Robert_66
My Carrier: Bell

Re: E-mail duplications

I am the sysadmin for our company. I have tried just about everything including removing my BES account as I though my BlackBerry (Bold 9900) email delivery may somehow be affecting it.

I have wiped the playbook but upon reboot it forces the update back onto it. This made no difference.

I have opened a trouble ticket with RIM. Hopefully I will hear back from them. I have some experience with BlackBerrys as I used to work with RIM. Getting this fixed is very important as we are considering deploying playbooks to our sales managers.

I have run out of ideas for the moment with the exception of deleteing my email account on the server and recreating it. I have NOT tested it with any of my other users to see if it is only my Exchange account, though that will be my next step (Monday)

If they get back to me and we find a fix, I will post it here.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
scelop
My Carrier: Verizon

Thanks for taking this initiative. Very interested in a solution, obviously. Sad really....the native email was working so well before the update...I really miss using it now.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
scelop

More info. I am pretty sure this is related to a glitch with talking to the server to verify an address,etc. When I am trying to fill in a contact and check the names, the lookup just hangs forever. If I go immediately to my contacts app, it is completely blank and will not do a search. So probably the first interrupted send is when the mail app can't communicate with active sync? Maybe this was already obvious, but I thought I would mention it.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Robert_66

Thanks. I have the same symptoms. Ihave a case open with RIM and I have sent them my log files. I will keep you updated.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
bwrvt94
My Carrier: Rogers

Thanks... I look forward hearing what they have to say. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Robert_66

I have done some testing with RIM. I created a new email account and added it to my PlayBook. I could then replicate the same issues as mentioned previously. When RIM added the account to THEIR playbook there was no issue. So it appears that my updated playbook is the problem. However I have not heard anything back since this was confirmed.

I did notice that after I deleted my wifi profile and reconnected, when i open my message client, it shows an error stating that I am not connected. Once I send an email, the error message disappears and the message is sent ( I still get the red x though)

So i was wondering if it is a wifi issue??I have tested it it from at least 2 different wif hotspots all with the same issue. however others ahve reported wifi issues since the update.

I'll continue to update if I hear back from RIM

Bob

Please use plain text.
Contributor
scelop

Maybe i am thinking about this wrong or i don't understand your experiment.  Here is what i just did. I turned off wifi and relied on bridge for native email to communicate with the server....the same thing still happens....so can this be wifi related?

if this is a stupid experiment or has no bearing on what you described....just let me know.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Robert_66

no that is interesting. I never tried this through the bridge. I'll see if I have the same problem.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Robert_66

I have no issues with email when using the Bridge email client. No red X, no duplicate emails and the remote lookup works fine.

Bob

Please use plain text.
Contributor
scelop

yes...but try using the native client on PB with only a bridge connection to your BB....my bridge client on PB works fine as well.  I was trying to isolate whether wifi connection from PB to server was driving this or not. Bridge, which is using bluetooth to connect the BB to PB, is updating the native email client how?

Please use plain text.