Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
cblguy
My Device: Bold 9700

Re: E-mail duplications

If you need numbers, I'm in the same boat. Kind of hard to look professional when your email gets sent out in duplicates....especially when I'm the one showing off the PlayBook at the office!!
New Contributor
cblguy
My Device: Bold 9700

Need to test further, but it seems that new email went through correctly without duplicates, but replies get duplicated. 

Contributor
scelop
My Device: Playbook and 9850

i have noticed inconsistency with the apparent communication issue...sometimes the duplicates happen immediately, sometimes not.  Also, sometimes it is more than one copy that is sent...could be occasionally 3 or more copies, so the issue is a bit erratic.

Visitor
mal365
My Device: Curve 9360 and playbook

Same here. Few days ago the duplication would happen roughly 10 mins apart and I'd see a red "x" before the second duplicate would be sent. Today, duplication happens almost immediately. 

Weird. Hope it gets fixed. 

New Contributor
Boxfeeder
My Device: 16GB PlayBook - 9330 Curve 3G

For the record, I am having the exact same problem.  

It is very embarrassing to have to explain all the extra emails,  but I am at least happy to see that I am not the only one having this problem. 

Trusted Contributor
tboyd
My Device: 8530 curve

For the record, I'm having same problem. It would be nice if rim would send out a fix. Gotta. Go back to using phone until. They. Do. 

Contributor
scelop
My Device: Playbook and 9850

Saw this workaround on a CrackBerry forum and it does the trick for me:

Send the email and then immediately delete it....one copy still goes through!

Not ideal but it is better for me than using bridge.

I am hoping that this is just a workaround, however!

Regular Contributor
hvacdon
My Device: 1. Playbook 32G OS 2.1.0.1314 clean load for work 2. Playbook 32G OS 2.1.0.1314 with sideloaded apps and games 3. Z10

I tried repeated tests on my pb and found this action happened consistently....I sent myself messages both to my gmail account and active synch corporate account.

Of interest was: send one message and leave sent message with red X sitting in outbox (ie don't delete it immediately as suggested above).   Send a second message and it goes through without an issue....however the red X message pushes through again, and will do so repetively for all subsquent emails as long as the first X message remains in the outbox.

Eventually the original message will clear itself.  Seems like a problem in the outbox buffer.

My thought was  that I could set up a "fake" message to myself, then send messages to other people and know that they push through and not repeat or red X.  I would then clean up my own mailbox later on.  However this is just annoying and have since deleted the active sych account and will use bridge email through my bb phone until this silly problem is resolved.

My editorial comment is that, RIM needs to resolve this immediately...crazy that a major update seems to have more bugs than the original!

Also of interest and may or may not be related but coincidental, but I noticed on the Outlook exchange account on my PC that I had numerous message in the "conflicts" folder and had started at the same time as the pb os upgrade.  When I shut off my blackberry smartphone the problem goes away.  I will check with our IT people about any issue with BES and Activesynch when I can get to it.  The conflicts folder is an annoyance, but not serious other than it adds unnecessary data to our limited mail storage capacity.  Just wondering if anyone else has noticed this since the upgrade.

New Contributor
bounderboy
My Device: Playbook

I too have this problem since upgrading firmware - emails just keep getting sent over and over ...  sometimes 4 times..   Again using Active Sync and standard email box...

Anyone had an update on this as yet?

Contributor
rmckinnon
My Device: 9900 and Playbook

Well just found this thread and I too have the same issue in the UK

My solution is to send the e-mail and then delete the message from my inbox, but I'm NOT happy with this as a solution

It's somewhat embarassing for me as my company has gone all Apple pretty much and I'm clinging onto Blackberry and then this happens

Would be nice if we had an offical response on this!