Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
SMAIN
My Device: 9810 & PlayBook 64 GB
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: E-mail duplications

I agree, but you do have to realize people would flood the system with such stupid stuff. Stuff like "I cant get my email, your OS update sucks...... NM i forgot I used my wrong password" I agree that certain people that have good standing with the forum system could help report errors and would be taken more serious. Our you could ask a moderator for a ticket and they could look at the thread and say yes this is a coas that RIM shoudl look at and then the entire thread shoudl get updated to that ticket. I have so many ideas for RIM in how they could listen to their people it woudl blow your mind LOL

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
tboyd
My Device: 8530 curve
My Carrier: cellular south

I agree SMain, they need to put in place some method for feedback, this thread is quite old and this issue should have been solved. As others have stated this is embarrassing.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
SMAIN

Well I just got off the phone with RIM. The support rep told me that after investigation other clients have reported this issue and their dev team is aware of the issue and it is in the Dev Task list and will be fixed in the next release. Now I did ask when that would be, to which he answered "there is no set time frame". I told him the ovbious statment that we told everyone in our office that if they wanted a tablet they needed to get a PlayBook. Now we have to tell them not to use it because it is broken for sending corporate email. He was quite aware how this made RIM look in the eys of corporate users and said that please know RIM is taking this situation seriously. They are going to call me the second a new OS build is ready. I will also update the thred once I get this call. For now I know it is not the answer everyone is looking for but it is in RIMs hands now and we have to believe they are taking this seriously.

Again I will update with any information I get from RIM...

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
tboyd
My Device: 8530 curve
My Carrier: cellular south

Thanks Smain for the update. I'm in same boat with you, only one with PB trying to get others in my orginazation to use PB and I can't use it without sending multiple emails and looking stupid.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
SMAIN

Well you can use it as long as you delete the red x email every time you send an email. Really crappy work around but it does stop the email from being resent.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
bwrvt94
My Device: Z10/PlayBook 64GB

I agree this is very frustrating. I am having others issue all because of the new OS build. I keep hearing a new update is coming soon.

I hope it is soon.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
SMAIN

It would be awesome if you have a site you could put your PIN number in and they would give you the option to downgrade on the update screen until the issue was solved.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
scelop
My Device: Playbook and 9850
My Carrier: Verizon

Smain, your efforts are much appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
celler
My Device: 9650, Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Thank you for going to the trouble to figure this out.  You just saved me a ton of time.  And yes, deleting the red X does stop the multiple emails.  Had this happen yesterday while sending an email to a new client.  Quite embarassing.  RIM needs to jump all over this.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
domlausic
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

Thanks SMAIN! Its assuring to know that they are aware of the issue.

Only issue is now we have to wait....... Not sure how long I can hold out.....

Please use plain text.