Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
SMAIN
My Device: 9810 & PlayBook 64 GB

Re: E-mail duplications

[ Edited ]

I really wish we could get this fixed

Please use plain text.
Contributor
domlausic
My Device: Playbook

I agree totally...... I run my own business and this is annoying.  Yes I could use BB Bridge to send email, but ironically enough, my BB phone no longer syncs with my exchange email.  I have to, manually delete and manage emails from my PC, because it seems nothing of mine from RIM works as its supposed to......

Well, I guess they say the only way to get their attention is to vote with our dollars!  I've voted Apple unfortunately, like so many others, I preferred the Playbook over the iPad because of its size. It's great for carrying around when quoting projects.  But, like my phone, it don't work..........  Everyone I knownwih an iPhone doesn't seems to have half as many issues as I have. It's kind of sad that everyone with company issued Blackberrys have iPhone for personal use!! I'm just upset because I actually spent the money on a 64 GB tablet. What a waste....

Please use plain text.
Contributor
SMAIN

I know what you are saying also, problem is that no matter what we still have to use RIM devices because Android and Apple don't even come close to security required in a business environment, people think they do but are sadly mistaken when they start to do research into how data is stored on their device and how easy it is to get access to it. Again I support RIM 100% and their is no one better out there that does what they do for security on a mobile device, but back that up with quick actions to possible situations!

I would just love to see someone from RIM actually make a post and say "Yes we know this is an issue, here is what we are doing" but again they have failed to communicate with their most valuable asset, their end users!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
domlausic
My Device: Playbook

Absolutely! I wish there was some way we could "escalate" an issue??

Please use plain text.
Contributor
scelop
My Device: Playbook and 9850

i am guessing that the issue has only 'limited' penetration....there is some relatively uncommon variables which put together lead to the problem....so only a fraction of playbook users are experiencing it...having said that, RIM is playing with fire, becuase if that small number includes otherwise stallwart supporters, their capacity to recover the market segment they are clearly losing to competitors could be seriously undermined beyond what the 'numbers' suggest.

I wonder if we could bring this to crackberry's attention somehow and get a sense of how big a problem it is and maybe get a shout out from Kevin or the others to raise the urgency of a fix?  There is a thread i have contributed to over there on this same issue, but it has not got much attention.  Any idea how to get somebody at crackberry to take notice?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
SMAIN

I have just email Adam Zeis from CrackBerry to maybe see if he can help. I will let you know. I have also contacted Kyle McInia from BlackBerry Cool, again maybe the more noise we can make the more attention it will get. It is sad because then it brings to light that RIM has issues and I dont want to make them look bad but they have forced us to do this as they are not taking it seriously!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
SMAIN

I fell bad doing this becasue I am a 100% RIM supporter and never want to read bad news about them or have bad news printed about them... but seriously why does it seem like RIM does not care? Why are they not listining to us? RIM are you out there? seriously please what is the point of these forums if you never read them? why do I waste my time and effort to support you 100% to feel like I have 0 support from you?

:smileysad:

I feel like our cries fall on deaf ears some times, we live in an age where social media is at its highest and RIM ignores this venue as a way communicate with its people and decides to jutt use it as a mass marketing tool.

I am creating hash tag for this called #RIMPleaseListen use it and tweet out something you want RIM to listen to!

Please use plain text.
cmchin
My Device: 9900

I was able to workaround the issue by changing the display name on my contacts for the users I was sending messages to as it seems the playbook uses the first name and last name fields to create display names instead of using the display name field.

This would normally be fine but if you don't have a last name it can result in duplicate playbook contacts:

Example: 

I have two contacts for Test UserA and Test UserB.

First name:  Test

Middle name:  UserA

Last name:  <blank>

Resulting Display name:  Test

First name:  Test

Middle name:  UserB

Last name:  <blank>

Resulting Display name:  Test

I changed my Test UserB contact to have a middle name of <Blank> and last name of UserB, thus removing the duplicate display name.  When I sent a new message to the Test UserA, it no longer displays a Red X or sends messages twice.  I'm not sure if this is appilcable in all cases but it resolved the issue for me.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
SMAIN

I don't believe this is the same issue. This happens no matter what contact you send to or email address. This is not just a duplicate contact issue. I can send to a direct email address, (no one form my contacts) and you get the red X. For me anyways it has nothing to do with my contacts.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
scelop
My Device: Playbook and 9850

...just curious, are you going to install PB 2.1 beta, or wait for the full release?

Please use plain text.