Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
My Device: Playbook

Re: E-mail duplications

Actually, my BB Bold just went om the fritz for the last time... Wasn't syncing with my Exchange email properly, and I finally had enough. (didn't RIM invent that!!). So I drank the Kool-aide ( after much prompting from friends......) and got the iPhone. Because I no longer have the BB Bridge to send email, I've hardly used my Playbook since. 

Very unfortunate story for RIM. Another Nortel story-ending for a Canadian tech firm. I was really hoping they would turn things around, but it's just gone too far. Literally, no one I know uses a BB anymore, except my wife. And that's because the phone is supplied by her work. That is, until next year.......  They just announced to their team that they signed a new deal to implement new iPhones.  And they're a huge company. 

Contributor
My Device: 9810 & PlayBook 64 GB

I caled RIM again today to keep the preasure on. I know that the people I am talking to are not responsible for fixing the issue and they are working hard to help resolve this issue. It is a matter of the Dev team taking this problem seriously. There is no update that this has been fixed in a dev version yet so we are still waiting! RIM you really need to step up your game or your about to loose an entire organization to the dark side! seriously I get waiting a month or two because its not a big issue but RIM, this has been an issue for 5 months! I know it does not effect everyone but to have corporate clients not beable to use their PlayBooks because of an update you pushed.... sad state of afairs....

I really wish you did care about your corporate clients and someone from RIM would actually answer us on here and light a fire. But no you ignore the problem as if it does not exist and hope we all just stop complaining!

Time to be the company I know and love and step up to the plate RIM!

Contributor
My Device: Playbook and 9850

one can sort of interpret this in two ways in light of the press over the last week or so. Either they are focusing all their efforts singularly on one issue (BB10 roll out) or they are in a free fall and just biding their time. Honestly, i don't know what to think anymore, although i will stick with blackberry through bb10 to at least give it a go...i still like my 9860 and my PB although obviously email has been a nightmare on the PB since the 2.01 update
Contributor
My Device: 9810 & PlayBook 64 GB

I agree I will personally keep with them but it is only a matter of time before my hand if forced from people that make the decisison to go with a solution that works! Then at that point RIM losses its grip on my orginization and then next will be phones.. 

Contributor
My Device: 9650, Playbook

I am quite exasperated by this.   Email is the one thing the PB does right and then RIM does an upgrade and screws that up for their most loyal customer base, the corporate user.  Then they do absolutely nothing about it.  They take away the one use I make daily of this device and do nothing.   I am very concerned.  I never thought I would hear my self use the A word, but I am very close at this point.   I wanted to expand our PB usage in our corporate envioronment, but I cannot in good conscience recommend the PB while this issue exists.  PLEASE RIM, WAKE UP!!!!

Contributor
My Device: PlayBook

Please!

I echo these sentiments and I suspect that we are not the only ones who have or are thinking of switching to another brand.  I sincerely hope that some executives at RIM read these forums and participate in the decision process.  If we can't use our PBs for the purpose for which they were created, what will they do for us?  Refunds?

I'm pretty close to demanding the liberation of my money in exchange for their piece of **bleep** playbook. 

Frustrating! 

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9860

I have to say that this issue with the PB and the financial news and BB10 delay coming out last week have tipped me over the edge. I was anxiously awaiting the release of the new BB10 phones to replace my 9860. But clearly RIM is a ship without a rudder anymore.

I seriously doubt I'll ever buy Apple, but I would say there is definitely a better chance I'll buy Apple before I buy BlackBerry again. Sorry RIM, but you've just **bleep** the bed too hard and too many times for me to continue buying your products.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: 8530 curve

POSTED 6-18-2011 DEAR RIM - IF YOU FIX THE CORE FEATURES. I can put up with some of the fluff (games, etc.) being missing or late, but what I need now is CORE FEATURES. Make the basic core features work and then improve the rest later.

I’eve seen some really good devices come to market over the years and a lot of them have fallen by the wayside because they did not pay attention to their customers. I see hundreds if not thousands on the support forum begging for CORE FEATURES. Please listen to us, we want the PB to be the best, don’t let us down RIM.

I posted the above over a year ago and I think it is coming true.

I'm using a XP windows laptop to make this post and I receive fixes and updates every week from Microsoft for the obsolete XP OS, I believe that is the difference between a OS software company and a hardware maker.

I am like everyone else here, I want RIM to pay attention to it's users and fix thebugs that cause us so much trouble. I get the feeling that RIM has forgot about the OS5, OS6, OS7 and PLAYBOOK users and they are focused on OS10. THE PEOPLE IN CHARGE AT RIM DON'T UNDERSTAND THAT IF THEY WOULD PAY ATTENTION TO THIS FORUM (CURRENT USERS OF OS) THEY COULD HAVE A SUPERIOR PRODUCT.

Contributor

Please RIM please we are begging you to pay attention

Contributor

So, to prove a point, I attempted to submit six more copies of the above message to demonstrate how frustrated users on my network are when they send email using their playbook on our exchange server.

Guess what?

This forum has software that blocks and corrects this from happening!  A simple forum is intelligent enough to get it right the first time, but a fancy company line research in motion isn't concerned enough to fix the problem.  Maybe they should change their name to Reacting When We Feel Like It.  (RWWFLI).  Right.  They'd need new letterhead.  Next idea?  Oh, how about we FIX THE PROBLEM?!?!?!?!

I wonder what I can get for my worthless rim stock?