Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
My Device: 9810 & PlayBook 64 GB
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: E-mail duplications

I had teh beta 560 installed and i did the upgrade but my PlayBook still says .560 so I have no clue if I updated or not?

Contributor
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: Telus

Wow.  And now I heard on the news that BB is shutting down all it's retail stores....

Ominous sign of things to come.  Interesting, though that this is a support forum run by BB, and we are all posting what a rotten company and deal this is, and yet, no administrator intervention to even refute, remove posts, etc...  Are they even here?  Is this whole thing futile?

Harumpfh.

:smileysad:

Contributor
My Device: Playbook and 9850
My Carrier: Verizon

Just sent this email to info at crackberry:

Hoping to get some love from CrackBerry....take a look at the forum thread

We are among the most loyal users of PB....and have been getting no inkling of attention at all...can anybody find out what is up and pass along some info?
WTH? Right.
Any other reason to load the update? WDYT?
Contributor
My Device: 9810 & PlayBook 64 GB

Just got of the phone with RIM again today. I keep giving htem a month inbetween my phone calls. They said that again every day techs are working on this problem that this is a really big issue. One thing that he said is that they have to follow standards like FIPS so because they follow stuff like that, they cant just bandaid fix something they have to go to the developer of the product (Microsoft) and say "Hey guys what use to work is now broke now that we are following standards" so they can fix the problem fast but then woud break following FIPS standards and you could imagine what would happen if they got caught breaking standards with government standards. So RIM has to find a way to solve this problem and still stay within certification standards for FIPS. I hope this helps explain a little bit of why this is taking so long!!! It does not make it better but is an answer why it is taking so long!

Contributor
My Device: Playbook and 9850
My Carrier: Verizon

Thanks for checking.....they should post this info in the **bleep** knowledgebase or at least to this forum...it would save major aggregation and save some of their user base.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: 8530 curve
My Carrier: cellular south

I suspect this a huge issue and may be part of BB10 delay.
Contributor
My Device: Z10/PlayBook 64GB

Thanks SMAIN! Good to get feedback even if it not a fix.
Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

Maybe they've given up on this.......  Something to do with the release of the new PlayBook???????  But nonetheless, im sure it's related to the BB10 delay.  I heard they are having a hard time integrating all of the new technology they have purchased from other companies. That's what happens when innovation fails.....  Should have spent leds time trying to get an NHL team into Hammertown!!

Trusted Contributor
My Device: 8530 curve
My Carrier: cellular south

Thanks for NOTHING RIM with the update yesterday - 4 months and still waiting.
Contributor
My Device: Torch 9860
My Carrier: Sasktel

I wonder if the new PlayBook duplicates it's emails?