Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
scelop
My Device: Playbook and 9850

Re: E-mail duplications

yeah, that is a great question.  Here is the thing, when i set up the PB originally, i had trouble connecting and I could never tell if i set it up with activesyn or through imap...(or whatever the right term is; not an email guy).  Is there a way i can tell that you know of?

Contributor
rmckinnon
My Device: 9900 and Playbook

If you add a new e-mail account and go advanced, you can pick Activesync as the account type. That's how I added mine
Contributor
scelop
My Device: Playbook and 9850

but is there a way to tell with an account already set up?  I went into advanced settings in the existing account and the only info i see does not include anything about activesync, unless that is determined by the server address that is entered?

Contributor
SMAIN
My Device: 9810 & PlayBook 64 GB

Yeah so you chose Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync, sorry that is also what I chose.
Contributor
celler
My Device: 9650, Playbook

So are you saying that deleting the account and then adding it back selecting ActiveSync will fix the problem, or is this just an intellectual discussion?

Contributor
rmckinnon

No, we're just trying to feed back as much info as possible to RIM so they can replicate and fix the issue

So, post your exchange version and also confirm if you set your playbook up to use Exchange activesync (if you can remember what you did)
Contributor
SMAIN
My Device: 9810 & PlayBook 64 GB

Just a discussion of how we set up our accounts to see if we all used ActiveSync

Contributor
beachbum1972
My Device: Bold 9650 and Playbook 2.0

Yes... all of our Playbooks were setup through Activesync. I believe this is what is used when selecting the Exchange Account when setting up email.

Contributor
rmckinnon

New Contributor
kjm2010
My Device: PlayBook 64k

I have had the same problem.

My work around, less than ideal is: I delete the red X email immediately and the original goes without a duplicate. I didn't have this problem with 2.0, but got it with the April update. Seems turning on the bridge triggered it, but removing bridge didn't fix it. Also was getting weird certificate requests. We are on exchange 2003, running Outlook 2010 pc clients. Problem only on PB. All PB users at our company have the issue, no IPad users have the issue using same Exchange Activesnyc Server. Security wipe didn't fix it.