Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
scelop
My Device: Playbook and 9850
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: E-mail duplications

Help me out here. I know all of these guys are busy, but we have sent tweets and emails asking for help....I mean, I am glad they are finally helping spread the word and maybe get some attention from rim....but what the heck took so long for all of this awareness to materialize? It is as if none of the electronics and web make any difference. I was about to try and send a letter by snail mail for gosh sakes!!!
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
tboyd
My Device: 8530 curve
My Carrier: cellular south

It's good Crackberry has gotten envolved, their poll should have specified Exchange emails. From looking at the results there seems to be a lot of non-exchange users who are not having an issue. But getting Crackberry on board is Great. WE NEED ALL THE HELP WE CAN GET. Maybe someone at RIM will wake up, If they don't fix it on the PB it probably want work on BBOS10 either.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
hvacdon
My Device: 1. Playbook 32G OS 2.1.0.1314 clean load for work 2. Playbook 32G OS 2.1.0.1314 with sideloaded apps and games 3. Z10

My version is Exchange 2007 SP3..with latest patches according to our IT folks.

Does anyone have an Exchange server that does not produce duplicate emails on a PB?  If so what version?

I did see a post from someone on Crackberry  that the issue was resolved after they upgraded their server to the latest 2007 release and patches. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
beachbum1972
My Device: Bold 9650 and Playbook 2.0

[ Edited ]

I can tell you my Exchange server is about a month out of date as far as updates go... unless there is a non-critical update that was applied. It is also the DC. Does everyone that has the Playbooks on the network also have BES or BES Express installed? It shouldn't make a difference seeing this is an issue with ActiveSync, but just trying to think of all angles. We have BES Express 5.0. I don't remember which patches I have on it. I believe the last patch was from January 2012.

We are still having issues with all 6 Playbooks giving duplicate emails with the red "X". 5 are running the standard release and my personal one is running the latest developer beta version.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
rmckinnon
My Device: 9900 and Playbook
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Just tweeted Michael Clewley to follow up on this and just got the following response

'A fix will be in the 2.1 update'

We got there in the end.........hopefully!

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

rmckinnon wrote:

Just tweeted Michael Clewley to follow up on this and just got the following response

'A fix will be in the 2.1 update'

We got there in the end.........hopefully!

That is good news, thanks for sharing it

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Contributor
scelop
My Device: Playbook and 9850

boy, i hope so...i have been noticing some other quirks lately. do any of you experience the native email app hanging sometimes when loading an email that has one or more attachments that might be 1 Mb or more...it doesn't freeze, it just hangs for ever and will not even load the body text of the email. It doesn't happen all the time and is not consistent with particular senders....

thanks all for putting the pressure on RIM

Please use plain text.
Contributor
DREX
My Device: Storm - PB
My Carrier: telus

the obvious next question is...When will that be? there are other forums where they are saying there may not be an update to 2.1

BTW i am running the latest 2.1 beta (840) and still have the problem.

Please use plain text.
jkpaul
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Vodafone

This is so frustrating - I really hope the patch / update comes soon - business clients getting the same message 3 times is very embarrassing!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
DREX
My Device: Storm - PB
My Carrier: telus

At 189 messages you would think this would get a little more attention...
Please use plain text.