Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
bwrvt94
My Device: Z10/PlayBook 64GB
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: E-mail duplications

I upgraded today to the latest OS 2.1.0.1032 and it is still doing it on my exchange server.

Come on guys!!!!!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
DREX
My Device: Storm - PB
My Carrier: telus

try rebooting a couple times. i noticed my duplications stopped after a while and the only thing i can attribute it to is a couple reboots inbetween???
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

I would remove account on PlayBook and setup the account for good measure.

thats if the reboots dont fix it

I have not had a duplicate yet on Exchange 2003.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Contributor
olblue
My Device: Torch 9860
My Carrier: Sasktel

I just finished the update and rebooted.

I sent a test message from my work (enterprise) email account to my personal account. On the PlayBook I had the usual red X show up on the email then another one come up with a check mark.

I opened my email client and I only had 1 email, no duplicates.

So either the duplicates are yet to come into my email client or the problem is half fixed.

I'm going to try another couple reboots throughout the day. If the red X doesn't go away when sending an email then perhaps I'll try deleting and recreating the account next week when I have time.

Please use plain text.
Visitor
rickster21
My Device: Playbook 16GB
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Did a security wipe before and after upgrade to 2.1.0.1032 and first step was to add exchange 2007 account, sent an email and got red X... It's still not fixed, RIM. Please stop ignoring your customers!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kjm2010
My Device: PlayBook 64k
My Carrier: Verizon

[ Edited ]

2.1 Fixed my duplicate send on exchange 2003, but the text only test email took 10 seconds to send? Also, 1hour after the OTA upgrade, only part of my calendar reloaded, and none of my contacts yet. Will try some more hard resets, then remove and add back my exchange account on PB.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
tboyd
My Device: 8530 curve
My Carrier: cellular south

I still get red X but it only sends 1 email. I can live with that and they fixed it so you can open TXT attachments hallelujah.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
hvacdon
My Device: 1. Playbook 32G OS 2.1.0.1314 clean load for work 2. Playbook 32G OS 2.1.0.1314 with sideloaded apps and games 3. Z10

I get red x and email sends without duplication. Exchange 2007. Several reboots and reactivation of account make no difference.
Sometimes doesn't send on a second message, unless shut down and restart application.

Suggest a new thread...."annoying red x"
Please use plain text.
Contributor
abcrobots
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: Telus

My company just upgraded to the latest version of exchange, and the problem is 100 percent solved. No annoying red x, and I can look up contacts from the server with no issues. Maybe you should upgrade your exchange servers? I now re-love my playbook. That was easy.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
bwrvt94
My Device: Z10/PlayBook 64GB
My Carrier: Rogers

Getting the red X but no duplications.  I did reboot several times and deleted the account and readded it. 

So now what? Beg my work to upgrade the exchange server? 

I love my PlayBook but I do not want this BS to happen when I get my new BB10 phone next year. :Dots:

Please use plain text.