Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

smansoory
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook

EMAIL ACCOUNT BLACBERRY

when I got my playbook I setup blackberry email account. I do not remember the password. l never used the email account. Lately when i go on the net every few second it prompts me to log in. I tried logging in but my password is incorrect... It than prompts me to security question which I remembered. It than says a link to change password has been sent to my email. Which of course I can't log in. Yet it continues to annoy me repeatedly every few seconds. How do I get rid of it. It's extremely annoying and frustrating.

Super Contributor
TroyTempest
My Device: Playbook 32

Re: EMAIL ACCOUNT BLACBERRY

You will have to contact the email provider and use yiur security question you used when you created the email.  Nothing to do with RIM.

You might be able to call or write to RIM independant of the password reminder system and prove your identity some how and get them to send to another emaill but that would go against basic security.

If all else fails you will have to copy through file share (not backup ) as much data as possible to your pc, wipe the playbook, and start again with a new email and new BB ID.  You will probably lose all your purchased apps, though if you use the same Paypal ID there is a chance to get them transferred, so I believe.

________