Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Email Date header bug - incorrect time/time zone

Confirmed... still broken.

X-Mailer: BlackBerry Email (2.0.1.668)

Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2012 13:21:11

Other things still broken include the fact that you can't edit the username or e-mail address for an e-mail account... so if the address ever changes, or you are given a new login on the mail server even for the same e-mail address, you have to create a new account and trash everything associated with the original one.

Also the fact that you have no control over e-mail format... nor can you send mail with alternative parts (ie. a text part and an alternative HTML part), thus ensuring that there will be somebody who cannot read the e-mail you send.

Contributor
My Device: Z30 STA100-5, Playbook with 2.1
My Carrier: Rogers

I am now having this issue, but only after uodating to .668 on 2 August. Everythi g received is in zulu/UTC, but sent itmes are in the correct PDT.

Regular Contributor
My Device: BB PB 64Gb & BB Classic (Two each) + (Bold 9900 / Curve 9360)
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

Sad... But you are RIGHT!

And as an long time RIM investor it's even bitter... Patience?!? Tis IS my middle name!

Taking a huge loss (ALL my RRSP!), I think I'll pack and go...

At RIM, nobody listen (I guess they are NOT making products for customers but for themselves!

Latest Playbook "update"... A joke!

P A T H E T I C.

Cheers...

My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: N/A

Competence in Canada? Funny. How did a company over 100 years old (Nortel), and a huge market share owner go into bankruptcy and never come out of it, and leave tens of thousands jobless? Must've been that remarkable Canadian competence.

Anyway, I'm not surprised this bug has not been fixed yet. There is just no sense of urgency about anything in Canada. It must be a cultural thing in Canada. I've never had a good satisfying experience with any company in Canada. Don't get me wrong, there are plenty like that here in the states, but it just seems that everyone in Canada is high on something, and no matter the problem, tomorrow is soon enough.

C'mon RIM, prove me wrong and get this bug fixed ASAP. My IT department is about to outlaw all blackberry products on their network.

New Contributor
My Device: 64G Playbook
My Carrier: rogers.com

The bug seems to have been squished in the latest OS update, v2.1.0.1032.

Regular Contributor
My Device: BB PB 64Gb & BB Classic (Two each) + (Bold 9900 / Curve 9360)
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

You have a point...

We have "some" Cultural" heritage created here, "Up North" in Canada!

Just check the story with "AVRO" (taken by who?!?), A.G. Bell and YES, Nortel, the so called "Canada Arm"... and why not,

RIM as a target for becoming an US Company...

Regarding the so called "outlawing blackberry products"...

Yes is sad but guess what?!? At my work place (multi-billion, multi-national corporation) they are REVERSING that "hasty" decision, being extremely impressed by the features of the latest BB (10) OS!!!

And as foot note, YES, RIM SHOULD pay attention to the "little" customer... we drove the "innovation", the "IT" guys are in for the pay cheque and (they) are not providing a fair "feed-back"!

Cheers…