Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
isulkwhenilose
My Device: Torch 9810

Email account Name

I have an old ntlworld email address that I still use from my laptop, BB torch and now on my playbook.

This email address was one from when I was married and we used ntlworld (now virgin media) services. Now I can still send and receive emails perfectly well via laptop (outlook) and my BB. However, when I send email via my playbook (even when bridged with my phone) it sends emails on behalf of my ex wife so instead of Me (me@ntlworld.com) it sends it as Ex-wife (me@ntlworld.com).

Now I can understand that as the ntlworld account was in her name that it still has remnants of that but when I can change it on other devices, i cant seem to change it on my playbook.

And no I wont be contacting my ex-wife and yes I have contacted virgin to help but hope that in the interim, some kind soul would be able to point me in a playbook solution.

Hope ive explained everything clearly.

BTW Ive disguised the email addresses above to protect the innocent and /or guilty depending on your point of view.

Please use plain text.