Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
ranger27
My Device: playbook

Email and Security

I have two questions:

1.  I have set up my email accounts on the PB fine.  However I notice that the account hasn't loaded all the messages from the account from before the date I set the account up.  Is there a way of tailoring the account so that messages from, say, gmail are loaded from a period before the account was set up on the PB?

2.  Previously I have been used to using a PC with all the inherent security additions to ensure safety when browsing.  However none of these are available on the PB.  Is browsing on the PB safe?  I understand the issue of using public networks.  Are there security add ons or settings I should be particularly aware off to secure my browsing to, say, banking sites?

Super Contributor
TroyTempest
My Device: Playbook 32

Re: Email and Security

It should load all emails less than 7 days old at any time. You can adjust the sync period up to 30 days in email settings (Advanced).

Make sure you have set a password for the playbook (in case anyone picks it up) and ensure file sharing is off when out in public hotspots. Should be as secure as you will ever need. 

________
Contributor
ranger27
My Device: playbook

Re: Email and Security

Thanks you