03-04-2012 09:51 PM
Wow - that was fast! Thanks!
I have a corporate Microsoft Exchange server which runs BES and it also has Exchange Active Sync.
So, I'm not using Exchnage online, only inputting my settings. It was working fine for two weeks, then it just quit. I'm still able to use the same settings / account from my iPad2. But, the settings quit working (with no changes to the settings) after two weeks. This happened previously and the only thing that would restore it is a complete wipe. I dread doing that again just to get my email to work once more.
I'm 100% certain of the settings accuracy. My WiFi is great. My clock is set to network time. I deleted my account. Then when I try to re-add it - it comes up with an error immediately. There's no way it could possibly have even hit the server to get a return error. It just immediately states: "The server syncmail.mycompanyname.com for account (myemail) is not responding. The server name in your account settings might be incorrect, or the server might be temporarily offlilne. Check your settings to make sure the server name is correct and try again" as soon as I hit the connect button.
03-04-2012 09:57 PM
03-04-2012 10:03 PM
No, I'm having a different problem. It may be a policy / certificate issue though.
Everything was working 100% correctly.
Then today, everything quit working (email, calendar, contacts).
When I went into my account settings on the PlayBook, I see the error that read, "The server syncmail.mycompanyname.com for account (myemail) is not responding. The server name in your account settings might be incorrect, or the server might be temporarily offlilne. Check your settings to make sure the server name is correct and try again."
So, I deleted the account. And then I try to add it once again. But, as soon as I hit the Continue button, it immediately returns this error message, "The server syncmail.mycompanyname.com for account (myemail) is not responding. The server name in your account settings might be incorrect, or the server might be temporarily offlilne. Check your settings to make sure the server name is correct and try again." I mean, literally, immediately. It couldn't have possibly even tried to hit the server to validate. It is just instantaneous and I have a red X and it won't save the settings.
03-04-2012 10:13 PM
Yes. We are having the exact same issue. I get the same red x and error when I try to integrate an email account. I also get my mailbox telling me on the playbook that it can't connect to servers when I do have an account integrated and it craps out. Followed by the Red x when I delete the account and try to re-integrate.
I just happened to notice that it coincides with my exchange server not syncing my sent items. They may be unrelated, but I wondered if you have noticed any lapses in your sent items not syncing on your other devices at the same time that you are having the issue with the playbook.
My case with playbook support is 24587871 and it has been escalated to developers. Maybe refer to my case when you call in cause I'm sure it will help if they know that this is happening on more than one device.
03-04-2012 10:20 PM
Thanks, will do (refer to your case#).
I'm inclined to believe this may be a policy setting that isn't getting passed. For example, when connecting with MS, Android or iOS devices my company allows this activity, but they push a policy to the device which requires a 1 hour lock on the devices. My company issues BlackBerry phones to those of us in the field. But, they do provide EAS to personal choice devices and include step by step instructions how to add them.
But, whenever I have connected in the past with other mobile / table devices, I was issued a certificate which I had to accept in order for it to work. Again, this certificate / policy simply forces your device to lock after 1 hour of inactivity. It also forces six letters + a number / symbol and a password change ever 3 months or so.
I've enjoyed not having to have my PlayBook locked after an hour of inactivity. And, everything has worked fine for two weeks. But, once it quit working, I can't even add it back. I'm certain a security wipe would do it, but, oh how I loathe the idea of it. I've tried to add a password to see if that would do it. Nada.
03-04-2012 10:28 PM
Ahah! Okay, then, there really is something going on with the PlayBook and it's ability to retain these settings. I just checked my WiFi diagnostic logs on my PlayBook. I'm getting a <2> CTRL-EVENT-Connection entry.
But, I'm surfing the web on the PlayBook just fine. I've turned Bridge and Tether off just to be sure. No problem with App World connection or any other.
I added my linked in account just to get some sort of account listed in there. It had a green circle spinning indefinately until I restarted. Then I could add it. But, I want my EAS to work again, LOL. This is so frustrating.
03-04-2012 10:31 PM
03-04-2012 10:37 PM
One more thing, gregcoad, I went back through and read all your posts prior to your intial reply to me tonight.
I wanted to add the fact, that like you, I performed a security wipe out of my own trouble shooting fixes when this originally happened.
The problem went away immediately after a restart and setup. I was back in business from 2/25 until today.
I posted this at CrackBerry, LINK but you are the only one who has responded. I'm going to start the log with RIM tomorrow, although, I dread the whole process.