Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
norm272
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: WIFI
Accepted Solution

Emails disappear

hi could anyone anyone tell me how to stop myemails from disappearing from my playbook once i have read them?

i have set the messages sync to 30 days and I don't have a problem with my phone keeping them either,just my PlayBook?

Please help

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Enygma
My Device: BlackBerry Playbook
My Carrier: WiFi only (well, I do have a cheap Nokia with 7/11 SpeakOut)

Re: Emails disappear

[ Edited ]

Interesting.  Do all e-mails disappear after your read them or only some of them?

A possible source of the problem could be the e-mail settings on the PlayBook (gear symbol when you swipe down from the top in the e-mail app).

The first setting is to display e-mails as Single Messages or as Conversations.  If Conversations is selected, it may look like a normal e-mail but when it is read and replied to,  it  "disappears" as a headline further down in a displayed e-mail.  A similar effect might occur if the option "Hide Filed Messages" or "Hide Sent Messages" is selected..

PlayBook 64GB and 32 GB
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
norm272

Thanks for replying!

all the emails disappear once read and i have the single message option chosen.the hide messages option are also set to off,any ideas?

regards

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Enygma

The PlayBook settings sound ok, you have configured your e-mail account(s) to sync for 30 days and e-mails are kept on your phone so I'm not sure where else to look.

I thought there might be a setting on your e-mail accounts that deletes e-mails automatically when downloaded to a remote mail service but that should make e-mails disappear on your phone too if it is set to sync and not just pick up new e-mails.

Has this problem only started recently or has it always been this way?  Can you think of any changes you might have made (new apps or e-mail settings) just before the e-mails started to disappear when you read them?

Other things you can try are to check that you have the latest version of the OS (2.1.0.1314) and do a hard reset.

PlayBook 64GB and 32 GB
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
norm272

I have had this issue since I had it from new and I have checked and do have the current os,don't fancy a hard reset but if that might work I will try it.

Regards

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
norm272

Great news!,i have srest my playbook and now my emails dont seem to be disappearing anymore!

Thanks Enygma,your a star!

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Enygma

Glad I was able to help. :smileyhappy:
PlayBook 64GB and 32 GB
Please use plain text.