Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Trusted Contributor
tboyd
My Device: 8530 curve

Enable Multitasking - Use Showcase mode

I just found this setting discussed in another forum. I did not know about this setting. I tried to play music and record a video at the same time and each time I tried it the music quit playing. By changing this setting the music continues in the background while I am recording a video and the video is now a music video because it is recording the music coming from the speakers.

Set General Application Behavior  to Showcase -Enable multitasking and run music application while playing game or play music while recording video and create your own music video. To disable multitasking and have applications pause in the background, complete the following steps. To access the Settings menu, tap the settings icon or swipe down from the top frame onto the screen. Tap General. In the Application Behavior drop-down list, tap either Paused, Showcase, Default.

New Contributor
hahahahanna
My Device: blackberry bold

Re: Enable Multitasking - Use Showcase mode

How do I do this on a blackberry vold? Bc I can't find the stuff ur talking about
Forums Veteran I
Lost_at_Sea
My Device: PlayBook 64 GB & Torch 9860

You learn something new every day on this forum. Thanks for passing on the info. I am sure some people will find it useful.
New Contributor
hahahahanna
My Device: blackberry bold

What? I just want to know how to play music while recording. Video !!!??!