Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Forums Advisor III
rat-7
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Entering contact info on Desktop?

Longcove wrote:

Hi: Good Lord, I don't expect RIM to support Palm Pilot, it was dead years ago. But it works flawlessly for me. I will, perhaps, give Outlook a try.

I disagree with you regarding RIM reinventing the wheel. One of the mistakes RIM made was to assume that all customers would be business types - a narrow view of reality which may explain . . . . .

I'm wanting to use the PB for lightweight travel and not for business.

Now I just have to find out how to store Bookmarks on the PB. It'll probably require the use of Internet Explorer. But enough of this fun, I will try Outlook, whatever that is.

Thanks.

Donald

Hi Donald,

I am not a business man at all, and I do not use the Playbook as a business tool, but as a personal assistant for my own needs, and I have been using Outlook for years now, and I do have to agree with JSANDER that Outlook is one of the best htat I have seen, and best of all it is available for every body.

BTW there is also other tool depending what version of Windows you have that can be use to sync with the Blackberry software

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,825
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Hey Donald, you're welcome. Come back and ask any question you have... I do realize there is a learning curve.

Another idea for the contacts is to use a cloud syncing service like the Google contacts... you enter the contact data on your PC in Google contacts and they sync automatically to your Playbook contacts.

All this above I've said about syncing to Outlook, actually won't work with the Playbook for now. I am hoping RIM fixes that in the next release, and if they don't, using the google address book is the next best choice.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Rocketgirl
My Device: None yet, looking at Playbook
My Carrier: T Mobile

JSanders - I am looking for a replacement for my Palm Titanium E and am consider the Playbook.  Like Donald, I have lots of contacts and calendar data that need to be transferred.  Windows 7 does not support Outlook so I cannot use that even if it worked with the Playbook.  Can the PB new native calendar or contact app import a csv file?  Am I looking in th wrong place for a Palm PDA replacement?

Please use plain text.