Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
My Device: Playbook 64Gb
My Carrier: Rogers

Everybody Should Take a Deep Breath And Relax

The OS is only 5 hours old. People are posting complaints about this or that not being there without giving a chance to actually see what IS in this new OS.

Please take time to play with the thing and see what is new,... there is a lot that is not obvious at first glance before flying off the handle so to speak.

Just my feelings

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700 and Playbook 16GB
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Everybody Should Take a Deep Breath And Relax

I would love to explore and see what IS in 2.0, but cannot connect to the local hotspot and cannot go try another one or use my home WiFi, (I work in the Gulf of Mexico), Called the Service provider and called RIM Tech Support but phones have been an issue the last few days and I got disconnected from RIM Smiley Mad

I am getting better and better with my BlackBerry 16GB PlayBook bridged to my BlackBerry Bold 9700.
Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: None

I agree with the first poster.

I bought a Playbook the day I registered here and immediately also registered for an OS2 development account, so I never actually used the original OS1 at all (other than to go to settings->update->update to OS2).

From what I can see the new OS offers 100% of what the old OS offered, plus:

• Account syncing (works perfectly for my Facebook/Twitter/LinkedIn/Hotmail/Gmail/Exchange accounts).
  • Android apps transparently in the marketplace (assuming the dev bothered to repackage as a .BAR file)
  • Calendar
  • Addressbook
  • Email client
  • "Printing" from PC to Playbook as a PDF file
  • Lock screen option (rather than Standby)
  • Extended keypad with numbers on it

Performance is great and it's still silky smooth. And it's free. I don't own a Blackberry phone so the updates are essential for me.

And they delivered on exactly the day they said they would.

New Developer
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Fido

Yes, take some time to explore this new one. Complaining is helpless. Post your tips or questions and try to help each other on this forum.

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700 and Playbook 16GB
My Carrier: AT&T

My issue is (resolved) working with service provider (static IP instead of automatically aquiring one) and RIM Tech support. Now I get to explore and enjoy!

I am getting better and better with my BlackBerry 16GB PlayBook bridged to my BlackBerry Bold 9700.
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: i am carrying it duh! ;)

Web pages now have a read in text format option (little book topleft).
Also spell checker and better letter selection in this forum at least..
Also better compatibility with the web.
Also folders.
Contributor
My Device: Curve 8530, Playbook 16 GB
My Carrier: US Cellular

I cannot believe how fast this is!!!!!!!!

YEA!!!

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry playbook

I would not relax because of so little is offered with such high hope / android apps don't work / e-mail nice, but come on!
New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry playbook

Contributor
My Device: Curve 8530, Playbook 16 GB
My Carrier: US Cellular

I agree with the original post, let's all take a deep breath.

I for one woke up at 1:30 am and wished it was 4 am so I could download it. I did make it until almost six when I could no longer contain myself and was "forced" to get up and start the download (painless for me, BTW).

As someone else said it was a second Christmas present ! The firstone being the PB itself! 

As I have worked with the new OS I have resolved my questions so far, with some help from the BB Forum as well.

My Curve 8530 notified me around noon that an updated Bridge was availabe and I downloaded it immediatly.

I personally have had no real problems with the downloads that were not solved quite quickly.

I am thrilled with the changes and the new faster speed so far and cannot wait for my workday to be over so I can just PLAY with it!!!!!