Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
ackleg92
My Device: Not Specified

Exchange ActiveSync and User Certificates

I have been trying to setup Exchange ActiveSync on my PlayBook since OS was released yesterday.

My settings/configuration is identical to that used for Touchdown for Android and iOS for iPad/iPhone.

The difference is that on both iOS and Touchdown, we are using user/client certificates in conjunction with a root CA. On Touchdown and iOS you can specify this. I have not been able to specify this on the PlayBook.

I have imported the root CA and the user/client cert using the Security-Certificates-Import option and that works for my enterprise wifi but I don't think the EAS configuration is looking at those certs.

I have tried Googling since yesterday and searched this forum to see if there are any solutions for this.

My question is: Does the Exchange ActiveSync implementation on the PlayBook allow for certificates?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ackleg92
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Exchange ActiveSync and User Certificates

I'm bumping this up because I've not gotten a response.

Thank you.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jfbergeron
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Hi, did you have any answer? I'm trying to do the same on the new z10!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
tnbt
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

BB10 currently does not support the use of user certificates.

Hopefully this comes in with one of the next updates, every other device has this support available.

Please use plain text.