Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Regular Contributor
hvacdon
My Device: 1. Playbook 32G OS 2.1.0.1314 clean load for work 2. Playbook 32G OS 2.1.0.1314 with sideloaded apps and games 3. Z10
Accepted Solution

Exchange E-mail attachments slow to download

Is anyone else having a problem downloading email attachments in MS Exchange 2007, native email in OS 2.1.?  The spinning circle continues for several minutes ( 5 to 10 minutes for 1M pdf) before a download starts, then only a few seconds once the bar starts.  It seems to be a syncing issue.

I can download the same file using gmail with the same spinning circle appearing only for a few seconds. BB bridge also works within a few seconds.

While I noticed that it may have been slow when using 2.0.1.348, it is much slower in 2.1.

When the file is syncing/downloading, no other messages will push or send.

I have ofcourse, reloaded the account and rebooted several times.

Any suggestions?

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
hvacdon
My Device: 1. Playbook 32G OS 2.1.0.1314 clean load for work 2. Playbook 32G OS 2.1.0.1314 with sideloaded apps and games 3. Z10

Re: Exchange E-mail attachments slow to download

I have discovered that during the spinning circle sync when trying to download an attachment, that an email refresh (pull down on the message list) will re-sync the message and start the download within a few seconds.

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Exchange E-mail attachments slow to download

nice tip and thanks for sharing it

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.