Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
commakazi
My Device: 16GB Playbook
My Carrier: AT&T

Expected life of the Playbook?

After just two years, my 16GB Playbook has a hardware issue that prevents me from seeing the screen--effectively making it useless.

What is the expected life of a tablet like the Playbook? I don't want to sink money into repairing it, just to have it die for another reason a year or two from now.

Any experience or projection?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
commakazi
My Device: 16GB Playbook
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Expected life of the Playbook?

I've seen quite a few posts from Playbook owners advising others to get support if their malfunctioning tablet is within the one-year warranty.

Good advice for them, but my screen has died just before the Playbook turned 2 years old.

There has to be projections regarding the expected time before fail on tablets like this.

Anyone have any information?

Who wants to spend $ repairing a device that might totally fail within another year?

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Expected life of the Playbook?

I have 3 PlayBooks that are over 2 years old now.

how long they last depends on many factors

Abuse, Heat, vibration, Moisture etc can have them fail early just like with any electonic device

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.