Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Visitor
iron_wolf47
My Carrier: Sprint

FILE FOLDERS FOR TBE BROWSER TO ORGANIZE BOOKMARKS

Greetings 

I am new on here and I realize this has been answered probably before.  In searching. Lastnight I found references to creating folders but didn't find exactly how to create them in the bookmarks Page to organize the bookmarks.  I have the playbook with OS 2.1.0.1314 I would like the ability to have the folders connected to the browser so I don't have to vote out of or close it.

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Lost_at_Sea
My Carrier: Cogeco

Re: FILE FOLDERS FOR TBE BROWSER TO ORGANIZE BOOKMARKS

I am not aware of the ability to set up folders for browser bookmarks. I know you can set up folders for music and photos. This is done on your computer while you are connected to the PlayBook. You select the Camera Folder, which will eventually show all your images. You then add in other folders, move your images into the folders.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
bdai
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: FILE FOLDERS FOR TBE BROWSER TO ORGANIZE BOOKMARKS

There is currently no option to organise bookmarks, and likely won't be until BB10 comes out (I doubt many - or any -new features will come to Tablet OS with BB10 on the horizon).

My current solution is to make the first home screen pane a dedicated "Bookmarks" pane, with folders and organised the way I want.  You do this by going to each website you want to bookmark and saving it to the Home Screen instead of Bookmarks.  This allows you to set custom names, reorder bookmarks, and make folders.  Press and hold your app icons and toss them into a second pane - but make sure not to completely empty out the first pane before adding your bookmarks.

Please use plain text.