Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Depends on what day it is

Re: FROZEN "blackberry playbook"

The checking part doesn't last long, the downloading and updating may take awhile. If the steps were done correctly, your playbook should have a blank screen (black), if you see the flashy playbook boot screen, something went wrong. Make sure the playbook is off, connect to computer, start desktop manager, then turn on playbook. You should get a message in desktop manager about an update pretty much right away.

New Contributor
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: WiFi

This didn't turn out exactly that way for me but the PlayBook is back alive again! That gave me a heart attack. Phew!

What happened for me was that I left it on that "please wait" screen for quite a while (about an hour). The coloured dots floated around on the tablet screen. Seemed like nothing was happening at all.

I had kind of given up and did a tablet reset (volume button and power button) which powered down the PlayBook.

I then uplugged it from my computer and plugged it in via the AC adapter.  When it booted up, it quickly went into the password request screen so looks like something was happening during that "please wait" screen even though it wasn't being displayed to me.

And for the record, this was on a Windows 7 machine.  (Desktop Manager on Mac was useless so try to find a Windows machine if this happens to you.)

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Sprint

Same here. Waiting over 1/2 an HR so far. Still says "please wait" on the checking for update page.
New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Sprint

So the "please wait" message never went away on the pc so I unplugged the playbook from the USB cord, turned it off again and right away plugged it back to the USB cord. This time found the update right away and is now downloading. Cross your fingers for me!
New Contributor
My Device: Storm 9530
My Carrier: Airtel

I have been downloading the "Debrick" for the last 12 hours. After some time it says "there was some problem in updating" and asks us to close. Thins is the third time i am retrying. Is there anyone who has successfully updated the OS?

My Device: playbook 16gb
My Carrier: wi-fi

excellant advice. Thank you
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

FavRami wrote:
Same here. Waiting over 1/2 an HR so far. Still says "please wait" on the checking for update page.

Happened to me on a busy day after latest OS came out. Jsut had to try it again later on.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

My Device: playbook
My Carrier: 718 835 2781

did it ever freeze again because mine keeps on freezing