Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

My Device: Bold 9900 / Playbook
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Facebook Birthday Reminders - Don't Dismiss

I've got my playbook configured to add Facebook Birthday reminders to the local calendar, which it seesm to have done fine, with the default reminders being set for 2 days before.

This is fine and I get the reminders on schedule, however when I Dismiss the reminders, they simply pop back up again a short while later, almost as if I'd hit snooze instead.

Basically every time I pick up my playbook, I have to start off by dimissing all the upcoming birthday events.  The worst of it is that sometimes when the notification appears, it turns on the screen which was blanked at the time, menaing that its using up more battery.   

I think that deleteing the current instance of the birthday (which hopefully keeps all the recurring instances for next year) sorts the problem, but surely i shouldn't have to do this?

Anyone else seeing this problem. 

Contributor
My Device: Curve 8310
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Facebook Birthday Reminders - Don't Dismiss

Yes, I have been having this exact same issue lately.

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Me too i keep getting Facebook birthday reminders and they keep reappearing.

New Contributor
My Device: Storm 2
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

I, too, am having this problem. It's been a while since this thread was started. Has anyone seen a solution?

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9320
My Carrier: Airtel

I guess theres a fix for this.

I have a BB curve 9320 and here's what I did :

First of all, uncheck the 'connect facebook to BB calendar' option in Facebook options. This will make sure there will not be anything added to BB calendar from facebook in future. Now lets get back to present where we can still see the Facebook notifications crowding the panel.

Go to notifications panel and click on each of facebook notifications. You will enter your calendar. Then 'delete this series' from the menu options. Do likewise for the three items in notification panel. Now, if you click on any of them, it shouldn't direct to BB calendar but instead show an error.

Now, restart your phone. In notification panel, you can see 3 new items from facebook (this might take a little time during which you can see the previous 3 notifications, but be patient).

Once new items are apperaing, repeat the same process, restarting your phone everytime.

After a few attempts, once calendar gets rid of all exixting notifications from facebook (this number can be seen decreasing everytime we restart, from options on calnedar), the problem will be solved.

Cheers!!!