Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Trusted Contributor
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: telus

Facebook snafu on the Playbook

Possibly does not go here, but . . .

Using the Playbook browser, and opening Facebook today, I was suddenly offered the new version. No choice, just had to press next repeatedly. When it had finished it has ruined the browser version for the Playbook. There is no actual timeline rod down the page that exists on one's computer (still!) and just one column. There is totally extraneous stuff on the left hand side which a normal person will not need to have shown everytime one opens the application.

I would like to hear from anyone who has had a similar experience, and if there is a cure. (I have nothing to say about the Playbook Facebook, which I do not like, sadly!)

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Two PB's

Re: Facebook snafu on the Playbook

It is unusual to get anything offered via browser that is any use as apps for playbook are only updated whilst using the app. As you were not using FB app there would not be any update.

Usually being offered, say google browser, hitying download will download an .exe. Totally useless, but by the same token harmless - usually.

Cure - backup, security wipe, restore data only. Reinstall apps and accounts.