Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
momhj
My Device: BlackBerry playbook os
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile usa

Factory installed apps

HOW DO I REINSTALL KEY FACTORY INSTALlED APpS THAT WERE ACcIDENTIALlY DELEATED

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.2.1.3247; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: Factory installed apps

Which apps?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.2.1.3247; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

[ Edited ]

edited....wrong instructions.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
momhj

Browser. Camera. Video contacts. Accounts. Calendar and app world.  They wew grouped into folders when taken out of folder then they disappeared.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

Disregard the post above. I just realized you're referring to the Playbook and I gave instructions for a BlackBerry smartphone.

I'm not sure those can actually be deleted. Youre sure they're not in another folder on the next page?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
momhj

I am not for sure.  I have only had this for 30 days not for sure how to do anything yet.  I  have gone into different things to try but I can't find them.  I have never used a tablet before.  I have look in all things that I know

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

First, can you please explain exactly what you did when they disappeared? You mentioned taking them out of folders. Can you explain in detail what happened?

Second, scroll all the way up and down on the home screen. Also, swipe side to side and make sure they're not on the second page of icons.

Third, look in every folder you have. They must be in there somewhere. If you press and hold an icon you will get the option to delete applications. The option does not appear on the apps installed by the OS.
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

Also, you should try to restart the device. tap the battery icon and touch "restart."
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
momhj

My son was trying to be helpful. And grouped  things into several different folders.  When I was trying to drag the icons out of the folders it shot the icon into the top left  corner  of the screen where the game apps come from app world to update.  After that they have disappeared and I can't find them.  According to my app count under the settings is a high number so I figured they should be there because of everything that I put on the count should correct.  With not being able to find them on my home screen or in folders I didn't know 

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jarviser
My Device: Two PB's

Grouping them too enthusiastically is probably the only way they can be "deleted" or lost. 

If you already did a full backup you may be able to restore settings (if you are very lucky)

You may find it easier to do the following....

Make sure you know your Blackberry ID and passsword that you used to set up the PB initially.

You will have to back up your data by your favourite method. If you have games scores stored you will have to do a full backup using desktop software.

Then do a security wipe (Settings, Security, Security Wipe) This will delete everything irrevocably.

You will then be asked to set up Playbook as if it was out of the box.

Restore your data from backup and reinstall apps. All paid apps will be available free of charge from App World, My World, Uninstalled apps.