Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Super Contributor
My Device: 32gb playbook
My Carrier: shaw

Fast forwarding in the video player...

I was watching a movie yesterday and my finger accidentally touched the screen...To my surprise it began to fast forward....Unfortunately I can't seem to duplicate it...it would be really handy to be able to ff and rewind as the slider is not very accurate. I have searched the web and this forum but havn't found anything...

Did the movie glitch or is there a hidden set of gesters?

I did find another easter egg...when playing music if you press and hold the volume button it skips to the next song, really helpful as you don't have to come out of standby to have complete control over your music.
Contributor
My Device: Playbook 64 G / BB Bold 9930
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Fast forwarding in the video player...

I have no solution but I too have had video playback problems. Some of my videos freeze when I try to Fast Forward or Rewind. Like yours, it is difficult to duplicatebon demand, but it has happened often.
PB-64g (Wifi) & Bold 9930 (Verizon/Vodafone)
Super Contributor
My Device: 32gb playbook
My Carrier: shaw

I have not had any problems with the video player it is fast and seamless, I just wondered if there was a way to fast forward. I would check what types of video you are playing if you are have issues with playback (avi, mp4, xvid) seem to work the best
Trusted Contributor
My Device: PlayBook 16GB + Samsung Galaxy Note
My Carrier: Telus

Yes. You can ff/rr during watching a video/movie by tapping the lower edge of the screen twice.
This will activate the control bar to allow you to fff/rr or pause/play or change the volume of the video.
I found this out by playing around with the video player.
I accidentally closed the VP in the middle of a movie and had to restart it from the beginning.
During starting of a new movie the player controls show up for a few secs to allow you to make adjustments or ff.
Then during play I tried tapping the screen twice (like double click) and that activates the controls.
It's a nice video player with good sound too.
DC-IT