Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
dperlberg
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: ATT

Re: Feature Request - Play .WAV files in Bridge Messages

Well MP3 is on the list there, but i know for a fact it does not work.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
vader7071
My Device: Torch 9850
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

I think the question here is not whether or not *.wav will play, but can it play via the bridge.  If I load MP3's directly to my PB, they work, but can they be played over the bridge?

- When life hands you lemons, find someone with a paper cut.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
rifleman223
My Device: 9780
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Vader, I think that IS the question. Makes total sense that it is supported but the bridge will not allow playback. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
milwaukee_bronze
My Device: 9550
My Carrier: Verizon

Hi All,

Just to add a quick update, I'm sure you've all been finding other "features"  just like this which still need attention.

Today I downloaded the new Bridge Version 1.0.83.  Sadly it did not improve our media predicament.

However, Tomorrow supposedly brings a new Playbook OS update:  http://blogs.blackberry.com/2011/05/blackberry-playbook-tablet-os-v1-0-3-update-%E2%80%93-video-chat...

There is a line here that gives me hope:  BlackBerry® Enterprise Server Support – When bridged to a BlackBerry smartphone operating on a BlackBerry Enterprise Server, documents automatically get saved back to the BlackBerry smartphone SD card to help ensure corporate data is kept secure.

Perhaps this is the Secure cause behind our lack of access.

When I think about what else we have learned, The PB can only access certain elements of a users BB.  Hence the 2 browsers etc.  So My guess is that the Media player on the PB is not allowed to read the Secure content of the BB with a non-bridged app.  Maybe this will solve it?  Roll on tomorrow.  :-)

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ByronSanford
My Device: Playbook, Tour 9630
My Carrier: Sprint

EVen after the OS update, I still show .mp3 attachements as "unsupported attachment". :smileysad:

This is something RIM needs to fix ASAP.

I also still cannot open .pdf file attachments. They start downloading, but never finish. :smileysad:

PLEASE RIM, FIX THIS SOON!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
rifleman223
My Device: 9780
My Carrier: T-Mobile

I agree, after the OS upgrade I still have issues opening pdf and wav files. This is getting annoying since I dont have a truly working email client.
Please use plain text.