Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Forums Advisor I
chaosdivine
My Device: BB PlayBook (32 GB Wi-Fi OS 2.1.0.1314) and Torch 9810 (OS 7.1.0.746)

Re: Feature Requests/Bug Reports for PlayBook OS 2.0

[ Edited ]

The majority of you should join the BlackBerry Beta Forums (its free and open to the public). A lot of you have been posting here for a while and have experience with the machine. Why don't you post your findings directly to the ones who actively fix the bugs you're pointing out? I don't think these threads get a whole lot of direct attention day in and day out from RIM's devs. They're technical support forums - not feature request forums. That section is in the Beta Zone, trust me, I know - I put 7 feature requests in there myself.

I posted about Flash not working properly in the Beta Forums and I've already had confirmation from a manager than they're currently working on the fix. Why don't you guys try joining too? Not only that, you get access to software before it's released. I want to get BB OS 10 on this thing badly and there's a good chance I'll get it before the public does via those channels.

https://beta.webapps.blackberry.com/login/?cont=portals&act=index&item=

Please use plain text.
Contributor
nasher45
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: SimFree

Would you be so kind to highlight the address bar issue please!
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
chaosdivine
My Device: BB PlayBook (32 GB Wi-Fi OS 2.1.0.1314) and Torch 9810 (OS 7.1.0.746)

nasher45 wrote:
Would you be so kind to highlight the address bar issue please!

I will add to the thread you create there if you wish but your input is just as important as mine. That way two people report on the issue rather than one.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
nasher45
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: SimFree

I don't use forums often so don't want to sign up to another, if u could add then great but if you dont want to add the post then I appreciate your input on here
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
chaosdivine

With BB OS 10 coming in Q1 2013 (most likely by end of spring or summertime), I don't think a whole lot of major fixes are going to get looked after I am afraid. If they were I'd be really surprised and impressed. I don't know that for sure but it would make logical sense to me. They are concentrating on getting the new OS out the door on their phones first and then the PlayBook. You'll get the OS update to 10 for the PB yourself when it's released so that's something to look forward to.

I think certain things like Flash will get fixed before the OS 10 release but with a brand new OS (based on QNX) replacing the existing 2.1 OS, this is going to take care of a lot of issues people are complaining about. It may introduce more issues too though, but at that point, everyone is playing with a clean sheet of paper and those fixes will happen much quicker as it's in RIM's best interest to have the OS 10 run as smoothly as possible. Failure by them to do that then, will result in their irrelevance in the tech world. For a business that's life or death stuff...

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ThaSaint
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: O2

I would like to thank blackberry for fixing the bug that i had listed on this thread to do with the alleged CSRF attack that my LA CinemaHD thought it was under :smileywink:

If they saw it here or not, i don't care - they fixed it :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
WillianBR
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 (STL100-2) & PlayBook 16Gb WIFI
My Carrier: Claro Brasil

One feature that I wish to take my Playbook, is the ability to answer calls on my smartphone.

I can see who is calling (no photo), but I want to have the option to accept and listen on speakerphone and talk into the microphone of the tablet. So I do not need to remove the phone from his pocket. Or, when I'm with the headset, I wish I could use it to answer the call.

Speaking of improvements, the competitor can take photos without unlocking the device. In this case, they are in a separate folder. Is there something similar planned for the PlayBook?

Any chance RIM implement such a feature?

Is there anyone else who wishes such features on your PlayBook?

Thank's

Please use plain text.