If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
MOZEY
My Device: Playbook Tablet 64GB
My Carrier: vodafone

File Sharing from Playbook to PC

I've been going around in circles here for past 24 hours and still getting nowhere!!! Can anyone tell me why the photos I've taken on my PlayBook transfer/sync successfully to my PC every time YET, my first 2 videos, produced on my PlayBook, appear to be unplayable raw mp4 files which cannot even be converted to a different format once they've reached my PC! Surely something, somewhere is wrong? These 2 videos play brilliantly on my PlayBook but I really need them playing on my PC where they can be edited as part of a project I'm currently working on. I've asked around the Internet for answers but none have helped. Cannot believe Blackberry would produce something which just doesn't work ... It's me, isn't it???:catembarrassed:

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jamead1981
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: EE (Orange)

Re: File Sharing from Playbook to PC

What program are you using to edit them? I've used the videos taken on my playbook multiple times in Roxio. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
MOZEY
My Device: Playbook Tablet 64GB
My Carrier: vodafone

I haven't been able to get to a stage where I can edit them! I try to open the imported files both in My Videos (on my PC) and also in Windows Live Movie Maker. The file seems inactive; there's no thumbnail image displayed. The files look like root or data files!!! All I get is an error message in Movie Maker. I'm using Windows 7, btw. Every other video file plays there fine. It's as if the video files on my PlayBook become corrupted during their transfer to my PC!
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Lost_at_Sea
My Device: PlayBook 64 GB & Torch 9860
My Carrier: Cogeco

Someone was talking recently about an App that can change any file format to any other. I don't have it but I believed you go to www.crackberry.com and do a search you might find reference. I think I saw it there about 2 weeks ago. I will also check and see if I can find the info and pass it on to you.
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jamead1981
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: EE (Orange)

Windows does not natively support the MP4 format. Install VL player and see if the files will play - http://www.videolan.org/
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Lost_at_Sea
My Device: PlayBook 64 GB & Torch 9860
My Carrier: Cogeco

Here is the program I saw at www.crackberry.com.
http://www.kalemsoft.com/site/products-BlackBerry-KSMPlayer.html
I haven't used it but others swear by it.
Please use plain text.