Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
crisiswhatcrisi
My Device: Z10, Playbook
My Carrier: Vodafone
Accepted Solution

File system view

Hi, just took delivery of my Playbook. Two questions about the file system if I may.

1. I've copied selected folders with documents to the tablet but there doesn't seem to be an app to explore the file system.

In Word or Adobe, all documents show up in one long list, instead of in their respective folders.

Is there a way to view the documents in an organized fashion and open them from that view? Like in Win Explorer or Mac Finder?

2. I seem unable to delete the demo files on the tablet. They also don't show up in Win Explorer when I connect the tablet to my pc.

I'm sure I am overlooking something. Would greatly appreciate a hint or two.

MauriceRice
My Device: Developer
My Carrier: Telus

Re: File system view

There is no native file browser but there are some good third-party apps in App World. I use the free app called Air Browser which has all the features that I need. There are also some apps that you can purchase.

You will be able to find and delete the demo files with any of these tools.

Please use plain text.
Developer
Innovatology
My Device: Playbook, Z10, Q10, Z30 with Files & Folders and Orbit of course

You might like to give our app a go: 

Files & Folders, the unified file & cloud manager for PlayBook and BB10 with SkyDrive, SugarSync, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, Google Docs. Free 3-day trial! - Jon Webb - Innovatology - Utrecht, Netherlands
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
aandras
My Device: Z10 & Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

I vote for the purchased application files and folders at $1.99 best investment in an app I ever made.
to me files and folders out of 5 stars 9 stars.
Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
crisiswhatcrisi

Thanks everyone. I've followed Maurice's great hint and that is exactly what I would expect. Kudos to Maurice.

I haven't yet succeeded in buying an app in the app store. Whether I pick Paypal or Creditcard, both return a cryptic error number. I hate it when they do that. Haven't had time to search for the meaning. My guess is if the app store doesn't want my money, then do probably won't need my business.

MauriceRice

crisiswhatcrisi wrote:

Thanks everyone. I've followed Maurice's great hint and that is exactly what I would expect. Kudos to Maurice.

I haven't yet succeeded in buying an app in the app store. Whether I pick Paypal or Creditcard, both return a cryptic error number. I hate it when they do that. Haven't had time to search for the meaning. My guess is if the app store doesn't want my money, then do probably won't need my business.

I don't know about RIM but I need your business! Please buy my app... please., pretty please....

Kidding aside, some people have encountered problems buying apps using PlayBook's App World application.. I was getting error 13000 and managed to fix the problem by signing into app world on my PC and changing my payment options and reentering my credit card info. You have to wait for an hour or so so that the changes can propagate through the system. The knoledge base is a good place to look for help. Here is a link for the 13000 problem. Also the search box at the top of this page will get you some assistance.  Good luck.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
crisiswhatcrisi

Thanks once again Maurice. Very helpful and timesaving link indeed. :Genius:

I've changed the plastic, will attempt later to buy your app - it's the least I can do.

Now back to the salt mine.

MauriceRice

crisiswhatcrisi wrote:

Thanks once again Maurice. Very helpful and timesaving link indeed. :Genius:

I've changed the plastic, will attempt later to buy your app - it's the least I can do.

Now back to the salt mine.

You're welcome. And also thanks for thinking of buying my app. I recommend downloading the free DEMO first to see if you really like it.

Let us know if the procedure in the KB worked for you. Some people have found that noting they can do fixes the problem and have resorted to creating a new BBID (using a differed email address, of course) just for PlayBook. 

Please use plain text.