Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Telus

Fill in PDF forms

I have some forms that can be filled in and saved using adobe PDF reader.  When I open them on my playbook, I can't type into any of the feilds.  Is there anyway around this?

Thanks

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900 + Playbook
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Fill in PDF forms

I am having the same issue.  I have people who go into the field and complete PDF forms ofr insurance purposes and they would love be be able to do this in a playbook.  Our company has several hundred users who all have BB smartphones and if they could couple them with P-Books, I'm sure that they would be happy.

Hey SW Developers/Adobe, . . . . . . . . Any change of a major upgrade to Adobe Acrobat or a different PDF viewer which would allow us to complete & save PDF forms on the PlayBook???

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9650 + Playbook
My Carrier: Sprint

Welcome to my world, yes we do need some one to figure it out how we can use fill in PDF forms. I consider my self some what knowledgeable about fill in forms, be cause I create many of them and some of them with java script. The only forms or sheets you can manipulate and save on your PlayBook is Word and Excel. PDF form you can only read them not save them but of course you can e-mail them from Playbook as attachments. I think what's happening is when we upload PDF forms to the Smart Phone or the Play Book it is arriving FLATTEN.

I believe ADOBE should look in to this matter why the fill form arriving to Playbook or Smartphone FLATTEND.

If any one knows how lets have it.....

Varouj

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z10 & Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

none if there is a developer willing to write it.
Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

this should be taken care of by Adobe. So go on Adobe forums and tell them just that.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
My Device: 32
My Carrier: Telcel

Yes my friend, THERE IS A SOLUTION!!!! 

1- Buy yourself an Iphone

2- Go into Itunes store and look for the application: "Type on PDF free"

3- Download for free and start filling out PDF forms.

Now, wasn´t that a piece of cake???

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: 4168787137

Lmao mv133332, not sure that's the exact response we were expecting.
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook 16G and Torch 9800
My Carrier: not really required!!!!

Yes there is a program, it is small cost but we'll worth it.  Staff are extremely helpful.

Look up Qpdf Notes.

After lots of searching I found this and use it all the time, I design my own forms as well for use, some tweaking can be done but I found give the developers an email and they very quickly return.

Good luck