Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
artdude
My Device: playbook

Finding the BBID

[ Edited ]

My BBID sign-in is driving me nuts.It says I've used up my password attempts and locks me out for 15 minutes. I've tried to reset the password several times without success. I even got a message saying that the BBID I'm trying to use is not the BBID that was set up originally. When I go to the BBID section in the Playbook's settings, it gives me the user id I'm using, but will not accept it when I try to sign in, saying I have to use the original ID. Crazy!

The sign-in interrupts at ten-minute intervals, and when I try various passwords, I get locked out again.

I've tried everything except shooting myself  or the tablet.

I'll bet there is no one out there that can help. Anyone care to prove me wrong?

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Lost_at_Sea
My Device: PlayBook 64 GB & Torch 9860

Re: Finding the BBID

It is case sensitive and no spaces . Maybe the problem is the password.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
artdude

The problem is that my tablet wants a different BBID than what I'm using, but I can't find whatever I used when I bought this piece of sh*t. The one listed in the Settings is not the one it wants. and BB support is worse than useless.
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Lost_at_Sea
My Device: PlayBook 64 GB & Torch 9860

Are you sure it is your PlayBook. We did have someone on this forum who had picked up his wife's PlayBook. When he couldn't get past the password he was ready to wipe it before it dawned on him that it was his wife's PlayBook. BTW I have had mine 15 months, no issues, works great, fantastic piece of technology.
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
MXZ
My Device: PlayBook

maybe you can use the blackberry ID website login to create a new password   ( just select "forgot password")

hope it help :/

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
artdude

I did do the password change thing, but the playbook does not like the BBID. It has no problem with the password, but there's a conflict between the BBID I log in with, and the BBID it wants to see when I sign in. For some stupid reason, the BBID it tells me is inside the playbook is not the BBID it wants to see during sign-in.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
artdude

I did check this, and it is not the case. The other playbook has another valid BBID. Thanks anyway.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
FinnMaia
My Device: Playbook OS 2,0

BBID is on the App server or on the tablet?

Hey

have some tech, no expert on the PB other than a user...but might help

The BBID problem you have is for online services right? So, it's the one that you used to set up the device that it wants. right so far? At some point you've forgotten it and changed your account user name, probably on a pc, gone back to the PB and it doesn't like it..am I warm? 

I think you have to do a security swipe and reset the device with your new username, that way the device will look for the new one. It's doing its job asking for the old. 

Security swipe is at SETTINGS (cog top right of home screen)>SECURITY>do what it asks

Then you have to reinstall updates again, be prepared for that. Once you are up and running it will ask for your username on your Blackberry account. Then you enter that. 

It will only ask you to sign when it has a net connection. Switch off wifi and it won't ask you for the account name, even now I reckon that might work. 

Let me know how it went please. Am curious about anything to do this brick which I really like, and will serve you great once you get it doing what you want it to. 

FM

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jarviser
My Device: Two PB's

artdude wrote:
The problem is that my tablet wants a different BBID than what I'm using, but I can't find whatever I used when I bought this piece of sh*t. The one listed in the Settings is not the one it wants. and BB support is worse than useless.

Apart from setting up the playbook some months ago I have never been asked for my BBID again, apart from buying apps and even then it's already typed in. The Tablet never needs it. 

What are you doing to get that request for BBID? Are you going online whilst connected by Usb? That is a no-no.

In any case the correct remedy has been given - wipe and start again.

Re: BBID is on the App server or on the tablet?

I think you may be on to something.When I turn on the PB, it asks me to sign in repeatedly. When the WIFI is off, it does not. The error message on the PB must be wrong - the BBID on the PB is OK, but it does not match whatever it was online. Maybe.

In any case, time for a Swipe. Thanks for the support. You should work for RIM.
Please use plain text.