Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
ohchad11
My Device: Playbook 7 inch 16GB

Flash drive use

I probably should have gotten a 64GB but to late for that.   Is there away to use a flash drive/memory stick. I love the playbook but my sons galaxy tablet has more options with this. also would like to be able to print to wifi printer straight from playbook not having to go through computer does anyone know if these things are available or in the works. If rim wants to stay in the tablet market  these things would help keep up with the competition. my playbook is way faster than my sons samsung but he has more app options and away to store more with the sdcards.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
MrAureliusR
My Device: PlayBook 16gb Wi-Fi only, OS 2.1.0.1314

Re: Flash drive use

You've got a couple options to free up storage space. Personally I don't store much on my 16gb PlayBook, any documents, photos etc. immediately go on DropBox. DropBox is a cloud storage app that you can sideload on to the PlayBook.

Also, keep in mind that if your PlayBook gets down to under 500mb free space, you'll start to have all sorts of weird performance-related issues. Just like a computer, the PB needs some space to use as a swap drive for temporary files, etc. Just a warning :smileywink:

So in your case, keep your apps on your Playbook and upload any pics/videos that you don't want to use immediately to free up space. Other than that there's no way to expand the memory... just like the iPad :smileywink:

As far as wi-fi printing, correct me if I'm wrong but I thought that WAS built right in? Isn't that what the Print To Go app is?

Remember -- if you can't find an app for it in BB App World, try to sideload it. If you have no idea what I mean by this I'll explain.

Good luck!

-----------------------
PlayBook 16GB Wi-Fi
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ohchad11
My Device: Playbook 7 inch 16GB

Thanksfor the info on the storage and the print to go app u have go go through your computer which is what i was trying not to do i would rather use this for everything. I do appreciate the cloud storage info.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
MrAureliusR
My Device: PlayBook 16gb Wi-Fi only, OS 2.1.0.1314

Wish I had more info to give you!

There are some stores out there (at least here in Canada) that will give you credit for your PlayBook so you can 'trade up' to a 64GB one for fairly cheap... that's another idea anyway. I got mine on eBay for a great price anyway, and 16gb is more than enough space for me -- but everyone is different. If it's going to be a chronic problem for you it's probably worth the $ to upgrade.

-----------------------
PlayBook 16GB Wi-Fi
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
nikmaster
My Device: BB Playbook

You can check this device: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B004Z0S7K6/ref=nosim/7240515rg4450-20?s=merchant&m=ATVPDKIKX0...

You can connect to it from any device, including playbook through web interfece and stream video and audio files.

Please click the Thumbs Up icon if this comment has helped you! If your issue is resolved, please click the solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.