Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
rjnolfe
My Device: Playbook

Re: Flash videos won't work with 2.1

Chaosdivine...I have joined the Beta Zone.  Thanks for the link.

Forums Advisor I
chaosdivine
My Device: BB PlayBook (32 GB Wi-Fi OS 2.1.0.1314) and Torch 9810 (OS 7.1.0.746)

rjnolfe wrote:

Chaosdivine...I have joined the Beta Zone.  Thanks for the link.

You're welcome. Thanks for joining. I will look for your thread and add to it too.

Contributor
foxycleo

Thanks, CD.  I'm kinda over my head but will try the help suggestion manana.

Contributor
foxycleo

correction - my flash is 11.1.121.66; OS is 2.1.0.1032
Contributor
foxycleo

Just spent quite a bit of the morning filing an incident report with RIM thru the "help app" on my playbook.  Not easy to get an incident report # but it is required for support.   Hope it's worth the effort.  Will let you know.

Forums Advisor I
chaosdivine
My Device: BB PlayBook (32 GB Wi-Fi OS 2.1.0.1314) and Torch 9810 (OS 7.1.0.746)

[ Edited ]

foxycleo wrote:

Just spent quite a bit of the morning filing an incident report with RIM thru the "help app" on my playbook.  Not easy to get an incident report # but it is required for support.   Hope it's worth the effort.  Will let you know.

Thanks for doing that. +1 for your efforts. I myself haven't done it yet through the Help App but would like to do it to support your efforts. I would like it if everyone on there did the same thing. If suddenly they got a flood of help support tickets saying basically the same thing perhaps they'd say - hey, Flash must be broken!

See no one knows what RIM's going to do and that's the unnerving part. I mean, we all know that BB OS 10 is their main focus. We know this is happening in Q1 2013 (which could be as late as March). I don't imagine they are going to put much more effort into the PlayBook OS 2.1 until they get the phones launched. It's too critical for their future and survival. Though it has been stated that the PlayBook will get BB OS 10 eventually, no one knows when.

That's a LONG time to have a broken Flash player.

Contributor
foxycleo

I also joined the Beta Zone community group.  I think that is at least monitored?  I asked the BB support person if the support forums were monitored and that question kind of stumped him so I think you're right - they don't.  I hope RIM isn't going to put this problem off.  I have been supporting RIM through all of their hard times and I really like the products - perfect for my needs - so hope this works out well.

New Contributor
rjnolfe

Several people have added to my post on the Beta side, so hopefully between here and there someone will stand up and take notice.

Forums Advisor I
chaosdivine

[ Edited ]

foxycleo wrote:

I also joined the Beta Zone community group.  I think that is at least monitored?  I asked the BB support person if the support forums were monitored and that question kind of stumped him so I think you're right - they don't.  I hope RIM isn't going to put this problem off.  I have been supporting RIM through all of their hard times and I really like the products - perfect for my needs - so hope this works out well.

I just saw you there and "liked" you post and added a link back to this thread so they can see that indeed there are others who have this issue. I mentioned my screenshot in reference too so they have something else to refer to.

Foxycleo, I appreciate you taking the time to do this for it's a snowball effect in my opinion. If everyone took some time out to add to the threads then I am hopeful they'll act. 

This is easy pickings for them in my opinion. Satisfy your customers by fixing bugs quickly and regularly and you'll have a loyal following. They need it now more than ever and this is how you build good vibes with the hand that feeds...If they fail to do this, I myself will have a hard time trusting them also in future.

Forums Advisor I
chaosdivine

rjnolfe wrote:

Several people have added to my post on the Beta side, so hopefully between here and there someone will stand up and take notice.

Good job +1! Thank you for doing that. I just responded with my thoughts about this to FoxyCleo so please read that as well. I too hope this gets some positive action. It's all we can do...put on enough pressure until a public response is given in which we can then hold them accountable to. Otherwise we have broken devices that don't measure up to what they've promised.