Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
foxycleo
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: T Mobile

Re: Flash videos won't work with 2.1

A person has to persevere to get an incident report # ...... go to the help app, click on the "life raft thingy" at the top, go to a bb page, go to contact support, call contact support, give a bunch of info, get an INCIDENT REPORT # plus the phone # for specific playbook support (don't think they work on weekends) and THEN go back to your PB and file a report with your new #.  Then you get a confirmation #.  Don't throw any of these #'s away!  I may have left out a step or too - but I did have SUCCESS.  They HAVE to listen, right!!!  And ps, don't attempt this process if you are in a hurry.  Good luck.  Also Chaosdivine's idea of joining Beta Zone is excellent. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
foxycleo

[ Edited ]

The playbook support # is 1-877-644-8410. (US only phone #?)  I don't know if you will need an incident report # to talk to them but you will need your serial # from your pb. (and also the serial # to get the incident report #). Our efforts shall be rewarded?????

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
chaosdivine
My Device: BB PlayBook (32 GB Wi-Fi OS 2.1.0.1314) and Torch 9810 (OS 7.1.0.746)

[ Edited ]

A heads up, as of today (Oct 22/2012) I got some sparse feedback from a RIM Manager through the Beta Zone:

Hello,

A new post has been added to the "Flash videos no longer work" message thread.

Howdy,

We're looking into this.

Thanks!

John

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
TOF
My Device: Torch 9800, Playbook 64
My Carrier: AT&T

Yes I saw that too.  Should I exhale now? :-)

Please use plain text.
Contributor
foxycleo

Fingers crossed!  There is Life at RIM afterall.  Thanks John, whoever you are!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
foxycleo

[ Edited ]

Good Morning.  TOF, I hope you're not still holding your breath.  My pb was updated to 2.1.0.1088 a couple days ago.  Thought (hoped) that was the "fix", but it wasn't.  Anyone else getting any news?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
loftus49
My Device: BB9900, PlayBook
My Carrier: T-Mobile

New PB update (2.1.0.1088) does NOT fix the video problem.  I don't think RIM has officially acknowledged that it exists and has not commented on a fix.  RIM? 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
foxycleo

Just now left a note for John on BB Beta Zone. We'll see.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
loftus49
My Device: BB9900, PlayBook
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Many thanks foxycleo.  Sooner or later (hopefully sooner) we'll get this fixed.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
chaosdivine
My Device: BB PlayBook (32 GB Wi-Fi OS 2.1.0.1314) and Torch 9810 (OS 7.1.0.746)

loftus49 wrote:

New PB update (2.1.0.1088) does NOT fix the video problem.  I don't think RIM has officially acknowledged that it exists and has not commented on a fix.  RIM? 

Did you not read my post above? It states that they are working on it - and that was directly from a RIM manager via the BetaZone. There was no mention that the 1088 update was going to fix this so being disappointed is your own doing. The 1088 update was only to prevent contact/calendar corruption for people who updated in the future.

There will most likely be a future update to address the Flash and other OS issues we're experiencing. When that will happen is anyone's guess...

Please use plain text.