Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook, Torch 9800
My Carrier: Bell Canada

Folder duplication

My wife and I both own playbooks.  Recently, both of our playbooks started doubling up folders in our email.  In other words, there are 3 inboxs, 3 sent, 3 trash, etc.   It seems to be re downloading folders.  As there does not seem to be a function to delete these extra folders, the only means of eliminating them is to uninstall and reinstall these email accounts.  This works for a while but eventually these empty folders return. Any idea what might be causing this and how to rectify it would be greatly appreciated.

Forums Advisor III
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Folder duplication

hodg1869 wrote:

My wife and I both own playbooks.  Recently, both of our playbooks started doubling up folders in our email.  In other words, there are 3 inboxs, 3 sent, 3 trash, etc.   It seems to be re downloading folders.  As there does not seem to be a function to delete these extra folders, the only means of eliminating them is to uninstall and reinstall these email accounts.  This works for a while but eventually these empty folders return. Any idea what might be causing this and how to rectify it would be greatly appreciated.

I got off work this morning and some of my Hotmail account ahve 5 and one of them has 6 copies of each folders, and I can not send any e-mail messages in any of the folder using the Playbook since that started a few weeks ago, because then the messages are only on the Playbook and if I use the normal access to Hotmail they are not in the folder at all unless I can guest which one is the one that belong to the real Hotmail

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
Contributor

My provider uses hotmail servers to process email.  This may be a hotmail problem then.  M.hotmail.com has been having problems lately.  Yesterday I could not reinstall my email using that server and had to use blu-m.hotmail.com to reinstall.  I was then able to reinstall but it did not rectify the duplication problem.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: PlayBook 32 & 64 GB & Torch 9860
My Carrier: Teksavvy

This has been previously reported. RIM is working on a solution. No time frame has been announced.
Forums Advisor III
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64
My Carrier: Rogers

Lost_at_Sea wrote:
This has been previously reported. RIM is working on a solution. No time frame has been announced.

Thanks for the information, I did not know that RIM was working on the problem :-)

Hpefully the fix will be coming soon

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Two PB's

Lost_at_Sea wrote:

Good(ish). As there has not been a change to the os for some time i presume this ANNOYING duplicating of folders and change of mobile servers is hotmail being bloody minded again.  Or did they tell RIM but the tech guy was off skateboarding?

Good to know it's being looked at, as it is really annoying.

Contributor

This is ridiculous.  Today, except for my outbox, each folder is duplicated nine times.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Two PB's

hodg1869 wrote:

This is ridiculous.  Today, except for my outbox, each folder is duplicated nine times.

I am up to 13 of each since I added the axcount last week.  C'MON and fix it please!!!!!!

My Device: PlayBook 32 & 64 GB & Torch 9860
My Carrier: Teksavvy

I see that Microsoft is changing Hotmail to Outlook.com, maybe this is why there is a lot of problems with the Hotmail service lately.