Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
BrownGerry
My Device: Playbook, BB Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Folder duplication

I've the same problem with multiple hotmail folders. I hope there is a fix soon.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
hodg1869
My Device: Blackberry Playbook, Torch 9800
My Carrier: Bell Canada

It's now been over 12 hours since I installed the playbook update on both of our playbooks.  I then removed the email accounts, restarted playbook and reinstalled the accounts.  So far, no duplication.  The update may have fixed the problem as by now folders would have multiplied at least three times.  Only time will tell for sure.  If I can make it to 48 hours without duplication I will consider it fixed.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
BrownGerry
My Device: Playbook, BB Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Thanks for the tip. I've done the same thing ... deleted the accounts and then set them up again.  So far, no duplicate hotmail folders.  Fingers crossed, but optimistic.

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jarviser
My Device: Two PB's

rat-7 wrote:

jarviser wrote:
Yep 668 seems to have fixed it. You do need to delete the account, restart and then add it back.

Not really a solution, I have sent messages using the Playbook and since sent e-mail are not showing on the server once they are sent, that would mean that if I erase a e-mail adress from the Playbook message program I would lose all of the sent messages.

I do not count that as a fix

This thread is about duplicating hotmail folders. Your problem is not folder duplication. I did not claim it would fix your sync problem.  If you delete the account, restart, add back it may fix it however.   

My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64
My Carrier: Rogers

jarviser wrote:

rat-7 wrote:

jarviser wrote:
Yep 668 seems to have fixed it. You do need to delete the account, restart and then add it back.

Not really a solution, I have sent messages using the Playbook and since sent e-mail are not showing on the server once they are sent, that would mean that if I erase a e-mail adress from the Playbook message program I would lose all of the sent messages.

I do not count that as a fix

This thread is about duplicating hotmail folders. Your problem is not folder duplication. I did not claim it would fix your sync problem.  If you delete the account, restart, add back it may fix it however.   

If you had taken the time to read what I had wrote before, you would of noticed that I do have over 10 folder of each real existing folder on every Hotmail account, but the fact that the duplication of all of those folders was not fix in the lastest upgrade without having to delete and lose every single messages from the e-mail message program this is what I do not call as a fix

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
Please use plain text.
Contributor
hodg1869
My Device: Blackberry Playbook, Torch 9800
My Carrier: Bell Canada

Jarviser's suggestion worked for me and appreciated.  As for loosing emails, this did not happen for me as they were still on the server.  As is often the case with software, sometimes the only solution is to delete and reinstall.  If that does not work for you, then you are free to try whatever other solution you think may be more appropriate for you.  These forums are to solicit information from other users who may have come up with solutions that may or may not work for you.  It is up to you that to decide if you want to use it or not.  What is not a fix for you is a fix for someone else.

Please use plain text.