Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Super Contributor
swotam
My Device: Z10

Forget About BB10 on Playbook

Wow, so after promising from the start that BB10 would come to the Playbook, BlackBerry today announces that it won't. Regardles of reasons why, it's just another broken promise and relegates the Playbook to paperweight status IMO.

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-announces-bb10-not-coming-playbook

Seems a lot of Crackberry faithful are pretty annoyed about it as well.

Is this what RIM meant when they advertised the Playbook as "amateur hour is over"?

----------
BESX 5.0.4, SQL 2008, Exchange 2010 SP2 RU4a
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Greggore
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Forget About BB10 on Playbook

I am soooooo **bleep**!!! what a freakin Joke! I have 3 of these in my family! wtf do I do with them now? Heins did a horrible job telling people the way he did! Support and that's it? come off it, what kind of support! at least pretty up the announcement or something. Seriously, there should be a class action law suit! they just lost millions of BB loyalist! 

Go back and rethink it BlackBerry! make it work and definately come out with a better statement than what you released! seriously Heins has fooled us! I can't believe I just voted for the MoFo!!!!!!!!!!!! Is he here to sabotage the company? 

#$@!%@#$&#@%^@#$%~@#$!^!#T^@!%^%^&@#$^@$#%!#$%^@&

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kwkowalski
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Rogers

:Censored: .... beyond words to describe.... quite unbelievable, I have been a huge BB supporter but this debacle will make me rethink my ongoing support....:Censored:

Please use plain text.
raghav-ak
My Device: Blackberry 9900
My Carrier: Airtel

That's terrible news, being a Blackberry loyalist for about five years now, the support you all have given to this Tablet has been pathetic, it has so many bugs and lag issues and I don't see any software update and if this continues, God be with you all. Customer satisfaction has to be the foremost on your list since you aren't going to get too many new ones, you've got to at least make sure you all don't lose the ones you already have. If it really did have issues, he should have never commented on it coming to the Playbook until he was quite certain that it would come seems like it was a strategy to clear up their existing stock at that moment to all the fools out there, including me.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
chaosdivine
My Device: BB PlayBook (32 GB Wi-Fi OS 2.1.0.1314) and Torch 9810 (OS 7.1.0.746)

Greggore wrote:

I am soooooo **bleep**!!! what a freakin Joke! I have 3 of these in my family! wtf do I do with them now? Heins did a horrible job telling people the way he did! Support and that's it? come off it, what kind of support! at least pretty up the announcement or something. Seriously, there should be a class action law suit! they just lost millions of BB loyalist! 

Go back and rethink it BlackBerry! make it work and definately come out with a better statement than what you released! seriously Heins has fooled us! I can't believe I just voted for the MoFo!!!!!!!!!!!! Is he here to sabotage the company? 

#$@!%@#$&#@%^@#$%~@#$!^!#T^@!%^%^&@#$^@$#%!#$%^@&

If a class action does materialize, I'm most definitely going to sign up and put my name on it. This is flat out LIES by a CEO in order to BAIT SALES. It's bait and switch tatics and nothing more...

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Greggore
My Carrier: Telus

In addition! Why the heck would I purchase a movie or a game for a cell phone!!!  Why would I work with documents on my cell phone! why would I want to browse the net on a cell phone, the screen is still too small! That is what a tablet is for! FFS! GEt your heads out of the clouds and realixze that Tablets are HERE TO STAY for other companies.

I purchased the Z10 after I got my Playbook! I wanted a tablet and a phone from the same source. If there is not going to be a Tablet at BB, then I will not have a BB phone! Plane and simple. AND PULL the rest from the stores. Heins, you dropped all the balls today. I was ok with the results and was willing to stick with it, but after the Playbook statement NO!. 

RETHINK it BB! Do not drop tablets! 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ccm852
My Device: Z10 and 32 Gig Playbook
My Carrier: Rogers

[ Edited ]

Way to go blackberry you told lie after lie so you could unload all your tablets and get rid of them. You might as well lick me all over as i am a sucker for buying one. I have been using blackberrys for about 10 years now and it looks like i will be moving on along with my whole family(who use blackberrys) and many others will be moving on as well. Get your lawyers ready and fire them up cause i am sure i will see in the news about a class action lawsuit.

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jarviser
My Device: Two PB's

My Carrier: None

I think the 25% drop in Blackerry's stock price reflects how well their products are doing on the market.

Remember that  'Obsolecence'  is the the key word in most of the products that are being sold these days.

I see large price drops in Samsungs 7" tablets in flyers these days. Are they next to go?

Please use plain text.
allangeoffroy
My Carrier: None

I'll never trust BB again! Also I won't allow that friends buy any @#$5 from BB. We won't be fools again.

Please use plain text.