Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
ekramul
My Device: Torch 9800; Playbook 64 GB
My Carrier: GP
Accepted Solution

Forgot my Playbook Password! Please Help.

I just bought my playbook 2 days back and while setting the device I put password on it. Now I forgot that password and already attempted 9 out of 10 times with different wrong password. In between I had to write the word 'blackberry' about 3 times as the device suggested.  I don't know how to unlock this device now. Please help me!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Xandros
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: rogers

Re: Forgot my Playbook Password! Please Help.

i updated to os 2.0 used it made some apps installed apps for 2 days i used it running 2.0 turned the power on today and now it says 1.0.8.6067 why? i did not download this ? i dont get it .....

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jamead1981
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: EE (Orange)

@ekramul, I'm afraid if you've forgotten your password there is no way to recover it - it is one of the security features of Blackberry devices. As soon as you enter the password incorrectly 10 times the device will be wiped. Do you have a recent backup?

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jamead1981

@Xandros, as your problem does not relate to the original posters problem can I suggest you start a new thread with the problem.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Xandros
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: rogers

i did nobody will answer me

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jamead1981

@Xandros - you appear to have piggy backed on several other people's thread where they are having different issues than yours. Suggest you start a brand new thread with your problem to save confussion.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ekramul

@Jamead1981- many thanks for your reply. Actually the device is new and I just got it 2 days back. I don't have any personal file or data in it and no backup aswell. I was actually exploring it. It will be nice if you please explain what iS ' wiped'? Dose it mean the device is going to die! I mean I will not be able to use it anymore? :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jamead1981

It wil be wiped back to how it was when you first purchased it.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ekramul

@jamead1981 - Millions and millions of thanks to you from the bottom of my heart :smileyhappy: As you said this time I put real wrong password and my Playbook is back to normal :smileyvery-happy:. I am gonna finish initial setup again to use it : ) I are a great help. Thanks once again :smileyhappy: I am happyyyyyy now.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ekramul

@Xandros - I just got solution of my problem from this forum and I strongly believe you will get your solution or advice too. Just put it separately and wait. Good Luck and thanks :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.