Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Super Contributor
godot2011
My Device: PlayBook 32GB and PlayBook 16GB

Freezing PB - Converted Android apps?

I have OS version 2.1.01314. Never had any problems until few days ago. What I tried to run converted Android APS  my PB intermittently is going nuts. It freezes for several seconds I mean black screen only. Than recovers. After restarting the PB. I have done a Backup to my PC and done a Sec Swipe. Now I am re loading the OS. The last two apps I installed were GPS Maps using Nokia Maps and Passwdsafe, both from App World. I suspect one of these apps, but I am far from certain.

Anyone has similar problems.

Forums Veteran I
jarviser
My Device: Two PB's

Re: Freezing PB - Converted Android apps?

I would run it for a day without any sideloaded apps, then do them one at a time starting with those suspect two. 

[ Edited ]

jarviser wrote:

I would run it for a day without any sideloaded apps, then do them one at a time starting with those suspect two. 

The funny thing is that I never had problems with sideloaded apps. The problem seems to have been caused by apps loaded from our own App World. Now I am staying away from my suspects. See what happenes.  For now all is sweet again.

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Some times running many diff android apps will cause it to hang, Usually a restart fixes it for my son.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Super Contributor
godot2011

I kept restarting mine as well. After awhile it got real bad.  Even my keyboard input got messed up. I had to go to my PC to send in my original post. 

There seems to be week point somewhere.  Maybe the quality of the Android runner or the quality of the conversions? Restarting and restarting should not be needed.  It is a only a bandaid solution - as long as it works.

One thing is sure RIM does not need any negative press right now.