Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
mkeaveney
My Device: PlayBook 64GB

Frustrating Error ID 10000 on App World

[ Edited ]

I have started to get app world purchase rejections (ID 10000) on my PlayBook. All methods I can use to pay are in good standing. The problem is either with app world or Digital River. 

Either way, it is RIM's issue, because I'll be changing platforms to Android or Apple if RIM won't take my money.

I've seen several references to this issue on various forums, with no real track record of successful resolution.

If there is anyone out there who has run into this and beat it, please advise!

Thanks

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mkeaveney

Re: Frustrating Error ID 10000 on App World

Anyone with insight on this? I've wiped the device, reset passwords on the tablet and on appworld via a desktop. All with no effect. PayPal and CC working fine elsewhere.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

hello,

what is the exact error message?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

please read this article from the public knowledge base:

KB24454 "There is a problem with your credit card authorization. Please try again or visit blackberry.com/appworld/ support for more information. (Error Id: 10000)" appears when purchasing an application in BlackBerry App World

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mkeaveney

Thanks, but we're way past online documentation, sadly. I have accounted for the small set of possibilities listed in that piece.

I've looked up this issue, and on the infrequent occasions this problem pops up on a forum such as this, direction to RTFM has typically not resulted in success.

If anyone has direct experience solving this issue, I'd appreciate hearing from them.

I have sent an email to appworld support. If I get successful resolution from them, I'll post it here.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mkeaveney

App World Support has confirmed that this is an unfixed issue to do with the payment system, and outside the scope of workarounds they have recommended. The issue is known to RIM.

The issue has been fixed on smartphones with the release of app world 4.0, and will be fixed with the next major OS release for the Playbook. An exact update for the OS update has not been finalized, but it will likely be on Q1 2013.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
jhutch
My Device: Not Specified

I'd like to know why some people don't have an issue buying applications and some do. This issue has been going on along time. I haven't been able to get any paid apps for my PlayBook for 6 months, now it started last week on my phone. I would never consider getting a new blackberry phone, where they even help people who own their products already. I'm tired of reading their working on it. I'm definitely losing faith in blackberry. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
jhutch

Getting this message since October 12, last week it started on my Bold. Never could get a solution. I guess we'll have to wait till blackberry gets done trying to sell their new phone. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
MrAureliusR
My Device: PlayBook 16gb Wi-Fi only, OS 2.1.0.1314
My Carrier: N/A

@ jhutch: Please don't post the same question in 4 different threads :smileywink:

Find the most relevant thread and post it there. I know it can be frustrating waiting for a response, but please remember: These are NOT Official BlackBerry Support forums -- we are all PlayBook users trying to help each other out...

I can only imagine how annoying the error 10000 would be... I had to deal with error 00008 a bunch of times but eventually, found a way to fix it. Trust me -- I have had my share of problems with my PlayBook (browser, email and calendar randomly crash, all the time) however it is STILL the best freaking tablet I have ever used. Do you see the iPad being able to sideload apps from a completely different brand (Android)? Dual-core 1Ghz processor that blew the iPad 2 out of the water in performance? Resolution that is breathtaking??

Sorry jhutch, I'm not venting at you (past the first sentences), I've just been reading all the stupid posts that other people put on here. It's like people are DETERMINED that BlackBerry sucks and no matter what they won't like it.

-----------------------
PlayBook 16GB Wi-Fi
Please use plain text.
Contributor
jhutch

I have the same issue on my playbook for months. Now on my phone. It really doesn't matter where its posted blackberry rim or whatever they want to call themselves suck when it comes to this error. The issue hasn't been fixed like someone posted earlier on smartphones. This isn't just a Playbook error.
Please use plain text.