Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
TechDave
My Device: Playbook

Frustration mounting.

Wouldn't it be profitable to stimulate sales and morale by informing the public about what will be available with the new OS? Ok we know about email but that's about it. Rather dry news in light of what other companies have planned. I have used a borrowed device and like it but it is missing a few no brainers i.e Skype and a native dictionary. Starting to feel like a sinking ship. Don't get me wrong this I would prefer the Playbook over the competition but I have needs and my potentiel device will have to meet them. 

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Frustration mounting.

http://blogs.blackberry.com/

has lots of info init

Andoid apps will fill many gaps too

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
TechDave

Your link is what I meant by dry news and is why I posted. I don't need Angry Birds and don't have a Porche and no talk about Android apps specifically. Sounds more like OS 2.0 is struggling.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

wet news might get flagged here :Boat:

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

New Contributor
TechDave

The truth is I will probably buy the Playbook but I'm afraid it will not have the aforementioned apps. I am retired and on a fixed imcome tight budget.. Like I said the device itself is amazing. Thanks for answering.

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

i have a tight budget too, the devie is ahead of others in multi tasking and its interface with more stuff coming from TAT.

I have used other tablets and sent them back.

I hope the android apps will be able to do the things you want to do that it can not do now.

few more weeks (no i dont know for sure when) and OS 2 should be available

JSanders
Solutions: 5,993
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

TechDave wrote:
Your link is what I meant by dry news and is why I posted. I don't need Angry Birds and don't have a Porche and no talk about Android apps specifically. Sounds more like OS 2.0 is struggling.

Wow. After reading these posts of yours, I am not sure what will please you. You stated all that you don't want, and KnottyRope took effort to give you a link.

Here's a link to some other coming features you might be more interested in.

http://crackberry.com/first-look-full-video-walk-through-blackberry-playbook-os-2-native-email-calen...

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Regular Contributor
netflicksandskipe
My Device: playbook

None of the features in the article mention Netflix, Skype or android apps.
Big prediction is the os 2.0 will be a bust.
Plus with all the requests for updates from end users that day, it will crash the bb network and for some reason email will stop functioning for at least a week.
I'm ready to smash my playbook into pieces and frame it so i will never buy anything without 2 full days of research again.

Go shove it blackberry playbook, you suck it big time!!!!!
New Contributor
TechDave

[ Edited ]

Well, like I said I was looking to buy a Playbook and just bought the 64 G version this afternoon. I also bought a nice convertible case on Ebay to protect it. So back me up RIM.

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

Nice purchase TechDave. If you have a BB phone send me your PIN in a PM.