Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Developer
Teaboy1748
My Device: Passport/Z30//Q10/ Z10 / 9900 / PlayBook / 9700 / 8900

Re: Full and complete BB10 On Playbook - Fair, Just and Deserved.

http://html5test.com/results/tablet.html

Blackberry 10 Tested on a Blackberry Playbook 485 + 11

development or beta

Super Contributor
TexTucker
My Device: pb

That will be the alpha dev version as beta does not seem to be available yet. The whitelist reg link was disabled last time I tried it.  Good score for an alpha. 

Without a beta the full release is a long ways off.

My Device: non-blackberry user

Is that the case for Playbook WiFi as well? Although RAM is only 1 GB - and Z10 uses 2GB??
Contributor
JohnyBGood
My Device: Playbook & 9810 Torch

That is a very good question...

avsroy
My Device: 9300, PlayBook 64

[ Edited ]

So I too waited around for almost 1 year now - for Skype, Tango, Viber (w/voice calling) oovoo etc. Finally pulled the trigger last week, packed up both the 9790 and 9300 3G and went and bought a different brand - 5 inch screen smarphone and all I can say is WOW! It feels like I have been released from a dark cage - finally have everything running smoothly all the time - Skype, Tango, WhatsApp, Viber, Lync2010, not to forget, Exchange email, Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail  - and to top it all - Swype simply rocks! Am getting 10 to 12 hours battery life with all these running and approx. 1 hour 3G voice calling, 30 mins Skype or Tango video calling, 1 hour of web / news reading - mainly Pulse and Flipboard, about 1 hour on reading/replying emails and driving around about 50 miles daily on highways  (yes that consumes power too). It just rocks! Am still using the PlayBook .. will probably pack it off soon and get a fully functional tablet with 3G as well. In a sense I am feeling bad about moving on ... but the non availability of cross platform video was the deal killer. Too bad.

Forums Veteran I
jarviser
My Device: Two PB's

Bb recently claimed there is no future in tablets. Conversely recently in the news US dept of defense gave approval to playbooks. Too many conflicting stories and no news on BB10. Personally I will give it til July for Bb10 then change allegiance to mainstream tablet. I need Skype to keep in touch with family who ditched BB for ipads. Still battery at 80% health so it may nlt make it ti July.

[\rant]

My Device: Bold 9930

[ Edited ]

I know just how you feel.  Am in the same boat you were in and trying to make up my mind to jump to Android products, might as well get a device apps were written for instead of the hokey side loaded approach which often freezes PB use.  Have already decided not to buy a Q10/Z10, just on general principals, about not supporting the main reason for sticking with PB, the bridging capability.  Still cannot understand how BB wrote off that feature.  Probably figured there were only a couple thousand of us without realizing the credibility negatives they have earned along the way.   Bought a Verizon Jetpack so would not have to wait for 4G LTE but of course that means having another device at home or in the car.  No big deal but at least put off urgency of getting new 4G phone.

Contributor
MaRichter
My Device: non-blackberry user

Jim425:  Negative Credibility is of utmost urgency for BB. I wonder why there seem to be no chance to update PB (WiFi as well as 3G/LTE) ! No OS10 with a lot of consequenzes to Apps. No Skype ... and I learned these days, that you can order Kindle books and read them - on BB - but only if you`ve got OS10 onboard! I personally waited as well for a PB 10,1" wich apparently will not come. So I also have to rethink smartphone and other tablet-configuration - Android most probably (never Apple) - dommage!

Forums Veteran I
jarviser
My Device: Two PB's

MaRichter wrote:

Jim425:  Negative Credibility is of utmost urgency for BB. I wonder why there seem to be no chance to update PB (WiFi as well as 3G/LTE) ! No OS10 with a lot of consequenzes to Apps. No Skype ... and I learned these days, that you can order Kindle books and read them - on BB - but only if you`ve got OS10 onboard! I personally waited as well for a PB 10,1" wich apparently will not come. So I also have to rethink smartphone and other tablet-configuration - Android most probably (never Apple) - dommage!

Sideload the amazon kindle app, it works perfectly.

My Device: Playbook

I too have decided not to invest in a Z10 due to principles. If BB doesn't follow through with their BB10 commitment to the Playbook, then I'm done as a BB fan. If they don't plan to release BB10 for it, they should at least unlock it somehow so that we can run another OS on it.