If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
mkr10001
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: n/a

Re: Full and complete BB10 On Playbook - Fair, Just and Deserved.

How is bb10 at playing videos? I love how playbook can play almost all my videos

Please use plain text.
ali2k4
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: wind mobile

AGReed , I got tired of bb shananigans. I have had the playbook for the longest time waiting for bb10 update; they sorta announced they would and been MONTHS. any who casue of this i decded to jsut go ahead and buy the samsung glalxy s3. if they dont support their consumers i dont think i want to buy bb products. who ever is makign a decisions at bb is not doing a good job. they are losing long time users cause of these stupid decisions.You have to create emotional attatchment not jsut boot out old users. any ways good luck with your venture i am out and hello android.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
JohnyBGood
My Device: Playbook & 9810 Torch
My Carrier: Wind Mobile Canada

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Gunpackingsaint
My Carrier: None

And I was about to go get a Z10 this weekend thinking "what if".... DONE with BB.
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
bs342
My Device: Torch 9800 / PlayBook / Z10
My Carrier: O2 UK

Reading through this thread brings back happy memories, takes me back to when we were all full of hope and excitement about BB10 coming to the PlayBook.

Ah well .. :smileysad:

BlackBerry is for Life not just for Christmas
Please use plain text.
Contributor
bsarider

bs342 wrote:

Reading through this thread brings back happy memories, takes me back to when we were all full of hope and excitement about BB10 coming to the PlayBook.

Ah well .. :smileysad:

Well you have to admit that for the price that we paid ( or at least the $150 that I paid) for the Playbook, we got a pretty good unit.  When I first entered the tablet world, there were so many unknowns about them but finally settled on the Playbook. It was a **bleep** good unit for the price and I did not want to buy a high priced Apple product that always gets replaced with a new version on a yearly basis. 

But after using the Play book I find that it does have some weaknesses and my camera has fallen to the infamous "4003 camera error" message.  So it will be time to move on and look at the other tablets out there.

It's a dog eat dog tablet world that I see out there, and every one wants to get in in the big buck tablet market.

We as the consumer need to wait for the dust to settle and which tablet manufacturer comes out on top.

So do not purchase a product the has the promise of future updates, but only on what it can do right out of the box.

The life expectancy of most of the products sold today seems to only be a couple of years before they get replaced with something new. 

So do your research on the products presently currently available or just wait another year or two and see what innovative products will be on the horizon.

In my opinion, the tablet market will get stronger over the years an there will be a large drop in desktop sales.

I have found that my desktop gets used once a while and that my laptop is collecting dust.

Blackberry will be missing the boat if they do not persue the 7 inch tablet market as that seems to be the direction that the consumer will be heading for. Not the 10" tablet as that is too large and too heavy or those small 4" phones.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
JohnyBGood

Hindsight is 20/20.

Who would have thunk that shortly Blackberry Mexico's leaked Tweet about OS10 coming to PB "in the next few weeks" would lead to the statement that it wouldn't be coming out, at all?  The whole thing smells fishy/timed/deliberate to me...to make sure retailers were able to dump any remaining stock.  When people say "it was a business decision and everyone has to make tough decisions", they never take into account the suspect timing...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
JohnyBGood

Just like when I update a defunct OS on my computer to something more current, that is what I'd like to see, here.  If BB isn't able to deliver on their promise, the LEAST they can do is cut their losses on the Playbook Store and provide the Android community the ability to carry the ball.

I want Skype.  I will not stop saying it.  I want Skype.  I want Skype.  I want Skype.  I find it offensive that I have to purchase a third tablet (that's just not in the budget) just so my mom can speak to her ailing sister, overseas.  Ridiculous.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Gunpackingsaint

When it's all said and done,  I still own my BB Playbook and don't have the guts to grab a hammer and destroy it.   What I love about the PB are those front facing speakers.   My Incipio case with a kickstand makes it ideal for outdoor and indoor use.   The only other tablet that has front facing speakers are the Samsung tables... I think.   I know RIM screwed us over (those that paid more than $150) -  I'm waiting to see what they'll do to make things right.   I read somewhere that they plan on doing something for all those disheartened fans.   Discount for the next PB,  possibly?  What do you'll think?  

Please use plain text.
Contributor
JohnyBGood

It's because the Playbook has awesome speakers, handles Flash and is an all-around a good tablet that I am so frustrated.  It can handle all the Apps that we're being deprived of.  It's like someone dying at age 30.  It's tragic because it's premature...  The Playbook is good, but could have been great.

Please use plain text.