Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Trusted Contributor
LuayS
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9700 // BlackBerry Playbook
My Carrier: Rogers

Future Things We Want Rim To Fix On The Playbook (Organized)

[ Edited ]

Well I cannot believe I just did this. I just went through the entire thread “Future Things we Want Rim to Fix On The Blackberry Playbook” (Found Here) yes all 16 pages. I made a list of all the features everyone requested in particular the more important ones / commonly requested and organized it in hopes RIM and PB developers and the like will come across this, and be able to quickly sift through what its users want. I will attempt to keep this updated as updates are released to solve these issues. Any suggestions feel free and I will edit the post. Please don’t spam this thread, let’s try to keep this thread organized. Remember this is for FEATURES. APPLICATION requests belong in the application request thread (Found Here).

These are not listed in any sort of importance, it’s just the list I compiled as I was sifting through the forum.

BlackBerry App World

•          Sort Applications by New, Popular, Most download, Highest Rated etc.
  •           Sort Downloaded applications by Size, Name, Personal rating etc.

BlackBerry OS

•         Cursor, it needs to be a lot simpler to move the cursor to edit a few letters/words currently the steps required are far too cumbersome. Many suggested arrow keys.
  •         File Manager, pretty straight forward
  •          Auto-correct, word anticipation, auto-capitalize, Spelling-suggestion, add to dictionary (Basically what our             BlackBerry Phone can already do)
  •          Pictures in Portrait Mode
  •          Wi-Fi Music Sync, similar to current BlackBerry Phones
  •          File Extension Support throughout OS that includes emails (.zip .rar .htm .html .wav) Streaming extensions such as .pls and .mp3 in email attachments
  •          Open Multiple Documents (Doc To Go, ppt to go, spreadsheet to go)
  •          Ability to quickly change font color, size, type, and various formatting of words (Double tap brings up a little window with few simple options)
  •          No backlight/stand-by option when plugged in
  •          Save E-mail to playbook for future edit (This might not be so important once a native client is on the PB)
  •          Support for File Folders within Email (Again, native email client might fix this)
  •          Adobe Acrobat Reader enhancement/bring up to par (PDF Search, Highlighting, bookmarks, click links)
  •          Open PDF in browser or support to auto-open PDF once downloaded (Should be an option to turn on/off)
  •          While viewing a picture/video in Pictures or Video App have the ability to send via email
  •          Ability to create custom folders for applications / home-screen icons
  •          Better Bluetooth support (headsets, cars)
  •          Recognition of an Email Address or Phone Number or Street Address in an Email/Browser/Application, if BB Phone is bridged then option to place call or launch email or maps should be available
  •          Search Text in Doc to Go (Ctrl + F like feature)
  •          Wireless Printing
  •          Ability to delete stock applications
  •          If GPS isn’t working and Phone is bridged it should make use of Phone GPS
  •          More Camera Options (timer, lighting modes, exposure settings etc.)
  •          Advanced Multi-Task options – Have two applications open side by side using gestures
  •          Gesture to put to sleep/unlock (2 Hand finger swipe from top-to-bottom) [I personally don’t mind the power button this is just what people mentioned] 

Keyboard

•          Smart space bar similar to Blackberry Phones (Eg. Space in URL inputs a ‘.’ Or in an email it inputs the @)
  •          Hold letter to capitalize
  •          123/sym key locking after use, Most people only use one symbol at a time. Therefore, after clicking that symbol the keyboard should switch back to letters. (This should be an option to turn off/on)
  •          Arrow Key (Mentioned above, not sure how it would work, but if applied correctly it might be better than some form of cursor)

BlackBerry Browser

•          Change browser ID for websites that specify Internet Explorer etc.
  •          Organize bookmarks – change order, rename etc.
  •          Search text in browser (Ctrl +F like feature)
  •          Save passwords in browser
  •          Flash on demand (option to press to play flash)
  •          New Option in settings – Default Links Open in new tab
  •          Ability to have multiple browser running (It is a Multi-Task power horse)

BlackBerry Bridge

• Support photo, audio and videos of files on BB Phones
  • fb, twitter and other social apps should be able to push notifications into playbook and be viewed there as well.
  • sms can be viewed and edited just like BBM messages
Please use plain text.
Visitor
aaronkaw
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: globe

Re: Future Things We Want Rim To Fix On The Playbook (Organized)

Bridge

1. sms can be viewed and edited just like BBM messages

2. fb, twitter and other social apps should be able to push notifications into playbook and be viewed there as well.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
LuayS

I'll add those to the main list. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
sebastianmoran
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: None

Not just the picture apps, though:

Video Chat
Calculator
Bing Maps
Weather
Clock

are all without vertical mode.
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
LuayS

so i noticed an even more massive list over on Crackberry.com (http://forums.crackberry.com/f222/suggestions-rim-playbook-improvement-608177/index.html ) so if a few people would like to help go through those and add it to this list so that RIM can see it on their support forum rather than a blackberry fan site that would be awesome.
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

nice work and thanks for linking back to orig threads

please post in those threads that this is the new home.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mpalindat
My Device: Curve 9300/Playbook 16 GB
My Carrier: TELUS

a feeds app similar to the one introduced in os6 and the ability to choose a different default font
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
LuayS

i cant see the option to edit my post anymore...is it time sensitive?

Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Yes, posts can only be edited for a short period of time. I believe it is like an hour.
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
LuayS

**bleep** that deletes the purpose of this thread :smileysad:. I was hoping to keep it updated... I hate when forums don't let you edit.
Please use plain text.