Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
jabroniw
My Device: Playbook

Re: Future Things We Want Rim To Fix On The Playbook (Organized)

I really would like my group email lists to show up on the PB bridge.
New Developer
wolfier
My Device: Not Specified

[ Edited ]

plus:

App World:

1. Filter to show only installed applications with updates available (i.e. hide installed apps with no updates)

2. Option to not show applications that are already installed, OR a marker to indicate that the application is already installed.  It needs to be in the featured/category view - right now I need to click into the details of an App to see it's installed and it's driving me nuts.

3. Easier navigation FROM any current app TO its category, so I can browse among the alternatives

Firmware:

1. USB support for external storage (e.g. USB sticks)

1. International input support out-of-the-box - same set of input methods for Playbooks sold in all regions.  What if people get a few input methods that they never use?  Nobody cares as long as they get the ones they DO use.

2. Autotext just like on BB phones

3. There must be a way to HIDE application icons from the homescreen, just like on BB phones

Hardware:

1. Magnetic way to put Playbook to sleep, just like on BB phones

Browser:

1. Tabs must be able to be opened in the background to be "read later".  I know PB works the way Torch works, but it's an area where BOTH need improvement - I know MORE people who opens a tab and read it later than those who opens a tab and read it right away. 

2. WebGL.

Bridge:

1. Copying from non-editable fields - I should be able to copy text from an incoming email to the clipboard and then paste it when I compose a new mail.  It's such a basic business functionality that's missing.

Video Chat:

1. Work with GTalk, MSN, Yahoo Messenger etc.  Forcing both ends of a video chat to use a Playbook is a non-solution right from the beginning, just as stupid as Facetime.

GPS:

1. Offline map support

Finally...

1. Firm due dates on the Android Player and Blackberry Player, not just some vague "sometime in the summer".

Trusted Contributor
LuayS
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9700 // BlackBerry Playbook

App World Also needs an Update All similar to iOS
Contributor
lunchtx
My Device: RIM Curve 8900

1. when in portriat mode, the orientation lock button is placed between the calendar and bluetooth often hitting either and not the orientation lock button.

2. when locked and asking to input password screen, ability to rotate based on orientation.

3. support for flac file format in the music player just like the phones.

that's all i got so far.

Chronos
My Device: 0

Hi LuayS,

Sorry I had to remove our last few post as it was off topic. :smileyhappy:

Please check your PM again

Thanks,

Chronos                                                                                                                             New to the Community click here  
Community Moderator
Likes2.png    AS3.png    CG2.png
New Contributor
swaTTeam
My Device: playbook

I agree with all the requests thus far.  I just have two suggestions:

1- The ability to attach files to gmail.  Currently gmail supports android  devices but not playbook

2- Ability to play .wav files downloaded withought going through a conversion step.  

Trusted Contributor
LuayS
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9700 // BlackBerry Playbook

[ Edited ]

I really wished I could edit this, but also a gesture to close tabs and switch between tabs would be great.

Contributor
wavefreak
My Device: PlayBook, 9700, 9500, 9105

I need an alternative for "alt + return". Maybe holding down the "num + return" or if the sym doesn't have an auto lock "sym + return!

Hope everbody know what I mean. I neet the "Entf" funktion we have on PCs and also on our BlackBerry Smartphones with "alt + return". -> inverse return!
Regular Contributor
woofhavenchuck

Other items:

-Allow sound profiles similar to BB phones. I want to know if I have a calendar event coming up but I don't want the PB to beep every time I get an email.

-Improve the behavior of a connected bluetooth mouse. Right now, the mouse is basically non-functional in the messaging application, and there is no way to scroll when web browsing. It should work like, you know, a mouse.
Trusted Contributor
sebastianmoran

The first one can be done - scroll down to the bottom of your emails list and press either 'desktop' or 'basic html ' to get to regular versions of gmail. There you can attach files!