06-18-2011 06:16 AM - edited 06-18-2011 06:36 AM
1. Filter to show only installed applications with updates available (i.e. hide installed apps with no updates)
2. Option to not show applications that are already installed, OR a marker to indicate that the application is already installed. It needs to be in the featured/category view - right now I need to click into the details of an App to see it's installed and it's driving me nuts.
3. Easier navigation FROM any current app TO its category, so I can browse among the alternatives
1. USB support for external storage (e.g. USB sticks)
1. International input support out-of-the-box - same set of input methods for Playbooks sold in all regions. What if people get a few input methods that they never use? Nobody cares as long as they get the ones they DO use.
2. Autotext just like on BB phones
3. There must be a way to HIDE application icons from the homescreen, just like on BB phones
1. Magnetic way to put Playbook to sleep, just like on BB phones
1. Tabs must be able to be opened in the background to be "read later". I know PB works the way Torch works, but it's an area where BOTH need improvement - I know MORE people who opens a tab and read it later than those who opens a tab and read it right away.
1. Copying from non-editable fields - I should be able to copy text from an incoming email to the clipboard and then paste it when I compose a new mail. It's such a basic business functionality that's missing.
1. Work with GTalk, MSN, Yahoo Messenger etc. Forcing both ends of a video chat to use a Playbook is a non-solution right from the beginning, just as stupid as Facetime.
1. Offline map support
1. Firm due dates on the Android Player and Blackberry Player, not just some vague "sometime in the summer".
06-18-2011 01:36 PM
1. when in portriat mode, the orientation lock button is placed between the calendar and bluetooth often hitting either and not the orientation lock button.
2. when locked and asking to input password screen, ability to rotate based on orientation.
3. support for flac file format in the music player just like the phones.
that's all i got so far.
06-25-2011 12:41 PM
I agree with all the requests thus far. I just have two suggestions:
1- The ability to attach files to gmail. Currently gmail supports android devices but not playbook
2- Ability to play .wav files downloaded withought going through a conversion step.
06-25-2011 12:48 PM - edited 06-25-2011 12:49 PM
I really wished I could edit this, but also a gesture to close tabs and switch between tabs would be great.
06-26-2011 02:07 PM
06-26-2011 04:35 PM
06-27-2011 06:24 AM